Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
What did you do in your Evoque today?
DynamicRRV

RE: What did you do in your Evoque today?

Oooooooo
11-09-2011 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mark they are all showing as thumbnails now I think. Photobucket automatically resizes them from my camera anyway but the forum software appears now to have reduced them further

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-09-2011 10:19pm
Token

(11-09-2011 09:59pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Oooooooo

Laughing

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-09-2011 10:42pm
Evoqess

Tim, you must know we are all living through your words - imagining we are behind the wheel! Thanks so much and keep posting.
Love the white, sorry about the alloy scuffing. I know you kicked yourself but everything can be repaired and you won't be the only one (just the first !), Cheers Di

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
12-09-2011 05:56am
XFullFatTim

It's only a tiny scuff, about 2cm long, I expect these things on wheels fitted with low profile tyres, just annoying that it happened so soon into ownership. I ran an RRS on 20's and it was exactly the same, a year in a FFRR with 19"wheels and not one scuffed alloy.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2011 07:34am
defender_uk

exceptional jealous now Tim....and I have to wait till end Oct / Nov...Sad
and the countryside...hard to find down in the wilderness of the south....Sad

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
12-09-2011 08:28am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SebM

Excellent !!! I am so jealous also... even if I sat in one Evoque last Saturday...

Then, other bad thing for me, it's very difficult, to find similar road in Switzerland where you are allowed to drive through with a 4x4... I have to come in UK with my Evoque !!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
12-09-2011 08:35am
XFullFatTim

Seb, it's the same in Scotland. There are no public rights of way here like there are in England and Wales. We have to have permission in writing from the land owner which is becoming increasingly difficult as many land owners now put their land to "set aside " to get nice payments from Brussels and thT means they cannot let us in any more if they want to collect the money.
In England it is different as there are ancient public rights of way but crazy people with 4x4's running Jungle Trekker mud tyres are abusing these routes, churning them into mud baths and spoiling them fir other users. Many if those lanes now have controlled access preventing even considerate offroad drives from getting access. Up here even mountain bikes are now being banned from offroading because it has been found that their tyres do even more damage to the Heath and soil than big heavy SUVs

12-09-2011 12:04pm
SebM

OK... same problem than here... it's always because some people abuse of advantage that advantage disappeared... Sad (Sorry for my poor English) Wink

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
12-09-2011 02:23pm
XFullFatTim

Today I drove my Evoque into town in the tail end of hurricane Katia which has swept across Central Scotland during the day - branches being blown down onto the road, parts of trees blown down too and driving rain the intensity of which I would normally associate with the Malacca Strait and South China Seas creating floods on the roads. RRE was unflappable in the strong gusty crosswinds and handled rivers of run-off on the verges really well although the car doesn't have the sheer weight to just plough on through standing water quite like my Defender, it was still impressive. Auto-on headlights came on almost immediately after I started the engine, well pleased that LR have adjusted the light level they are triggered as in the last 2 cars I considered that the auto-on didn't cut in until the light level had dropped to dangerous levels not to have lights on, so I never used it. Wipers coped well with the torrents of water falling out of the sky and the car throws deep stand water well away from the car unlike my Defender which becomes a submarine under the huge wall of water it throws all over itself when it encounters deep stand water on the road. At least it was relatively warm!

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 11:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-09-2011 11:16pm