Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What depreciation in a year?
J77

RE: What depreciation in a year?

My salesman offered me invoice price for my evoque, if I were to order another. Currently in talks with him to see if it's worth my while.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-08-2012 06:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

What depreciation in a year?

I think Craig's probably near the money with a 90% retained value, but I suppose it depends on the spec, whether its sold privately and what car it was traded in against if going to a dealer.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
19-08-2012 07:37pm
Griff449

(19-08-2012 06:03pm)J77 Wrote:  My salesman offered me invoice price for my evoque, if I were to order another. Currently in talks with him to see if it's worth my while.

Well let him know he can have mine in wo weeks then fancy a blue one now Very Happy

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
19-08-2012 08:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(19-08-2012 02:09pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Doub't you'll sell it for wat you paid for it, especially after LR have gone to 24 hrs shift work. Some dealers are only quoting 3-4 month waiting time which is fairly standard for a factory build. I think if you target a 90% retained value after a year you'll be more in line. That''s quite a spectacular percentage for an expensive e car

Where did you pluck 90% from? Talk to any dealer and you'll see they're selling well specs used cars for at least list and many are over list. Also check eBay and auto trader and you'll see what they're being put up for.

Don't forget prices went up by £1000 on average recently plus options prices went up on pano etc so a car can easily now be £2000 more for the same spec.
19-08-2012 10:21pm
Craig_d1

(19-08-2012 10:21pm)WB Wrote:  Where did you pluck 90% from? Talk to any dealer and you'll see they're selling well specs used cars for at least list and many are over list. Also check eBay and auto trader and you'll see what they're being put up for.

Don't forget prices went up by £1000 on average recently plus options prices went up on pano etc so a car can easily now be £2000 more for the same spec.

My LR dealership said they were basis 93% a few months ago. If LR themselves are increasing production and waiting times are dropping, then that will have a knock on effect on depreciation. No dealership is going to offer you list and then sell the car at list, they make no money out of it. If you're swapping an evoque for a new one they may offer you close, as they'll make their money from the new sale, but what of people that aren't replacing their cars for another LR. You think a dealership will just buy a car and sell it on for the same money? Where's the profit? That's not a good risk/reward. Read in autocar the average price LR are getting for Evoques is ~£40k. I think any person that bought a car for £40k and could trade it in after a years use and only lose $4k would be happy.
The audi Q5 has rock solid residuals, as it retain 76% of it's value after 3 yrs, as is only topped by the Fiat 500 for retained values, but go onto the Q5 forum, and you'll find that some people are saying their part-ex values are dropping, and that's a result that waiting times are dropping. I knowe last year waiting times were 6 months+ for some models, but go in a dealership now and it's more like 4 months.
But , I'm only guessing. Best way to really find out is to phone a dealership and ask them what they'll give you for your car, without buying another LR, and see what they offer you. Should be interesting
20-08-2012 09:49am