babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What depreciation in a year? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: What depreciation in a year? (/Thread-What-depreciation-in-a-year)

Pages: 1 2

What depreciation in a year? - Mounty - 15-08-2012 02:28pm

What depreciation in a year? Just like any other car? How muss less (%) should a car cost at the dealer if he is one year old?

RE: What depreciation in a year? - griff - 15-08-2012 03:35pm

Last time I was at my dealer I was told that if I traded in my car at under a year old I would not lose anything in depreciation. Now that's a first!

RE: What depreciation in a year? - ED209 - 15-08-2012 03:44pm

(15-08-2012 03:35pm)griff Wrote:  Last time I was at my dealer I was told that if I traded in my car at under a year old I would not lose anything in depreciation. Now that's a first!

no chance of this happening unelss your trading in for a car with a much higher list price.

RE: What depreciation in a year? - NightFox - 15-08-2012 04:09pm

(15-08-2012 02:28pm)Mounty Wrote:  What depreciation in a year? Just like any other car? How muss less (%) should a car cost at the dealer if he is one year old?

If you're asking about buying a one year old car from a dealer, then there probably won't much much depreciation at all right now. However, if you're asking how much the dealer is going to give you for a one year old car, then that'll be a different story as they'll want to make at least £2-3000 on it.

RE: What depreciation in a year? - XFullFatTim - 15-08-2012 05:11pm

Even if you lost £3000 in a year you would have a pretty low depreciation compared to many cars on the road that would loose in excess of 50% in the first year

RE: What depreciation in a year? - cousin.it - 15-08-2012 06:00pm

When I was car shopping, I took a look at Kelly Blue Book for Evoques and at least for the US they predicted a 41% loss in value in just one year. I'm hoping they don't know what they're talking about and maybe being a new model made their predictions bad.

[attachment=2566]

RE: What depreciation in a year? - Mounty - 15-08-2012 09:17pm

Mhhm... so I can better buy a new one and profit from 3 warranty than rather two?

RE: What depreciation in a year? - jettie1767 - 16-08-2012 02:29pm

I doubt it would be 41% loss in value. Maybe if you traded it in. But, if you're selling it, you might get away with a 20% loss.

RE: What depreciation in a year? - WB - 19-08-2012 11:31am

In the uk the guide books say 3% in year one but the reality is that with the price increases you can probably sell a desirable spec for what you paid for it. Coupe models seem to depreciate a bit more than 5 doors in the UK

RE: What depreciation in a year? - Craig_d1 - 19-08-2012 02:09pm

Doub't you'll sell it for wat you paid for it, especially after LR have gone to 24 hrs shift work. Some dealers are only quoting 3-4 month waiting time which is fairly standard for a factory build. I think if you target a 90% retained value after a year you'll be more in line. That''s quite a spectacular percentage for an expensive e car