Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Panoramic Roof - A Pain in the Glass
The Valeter

RE: Panoramic Roof - A Pain in the Glass

(18-08-2012 08:29pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  My previous provider was Aviva and my broker told me that they wouldn't cover the sunroof under the windscreen cover, even when their quote was around £800! After searching online I found that that quite a few companies, including Landrover Insurance, wouldn't cover the sunroof under the windscreen claus. I eventually settled on LV after reading the small print and then phoning them up to double check - £460, business class 1 & sunroof covered.

It is covered with Landrover Insurance or at least mine is.

Anything fitted at the factory or dealer is not classed as a modification unless insurance companies are trying to find further reasons to rip us all off.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2012 03:46pm by The Valeter.)
19-08-2012 03:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ranger4

(19-08-2012 03:44pm)The Valeter Wrote:  It is covered with Landrover Insurance or at least mine is.

Anything fitted at the factory or dealer is not classed as a modification unless insurance companies are trying to find further reasons to rip us all off.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll have another look at Landrover next March when I come to renew my policy. I did check the small print, otherwise I would have gone for them. They must have modified their policy now.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
19-08-2012 04:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wavey.dave

(19-08-2012 03:44pm)The Valeter Wrote:  It is covered with Landrover Insurance or at least mine is.

Admiral consider any factory fit options as modifications. Their policy specifically says they will only cover the manufacturers basic spec, anything you choose above this has to be declared to them. This is where they catch you, because unless they specifically agree, any factory fit options are not covered. As in my case, they initially refused to cover the pano roof, but agreed to everything else.

WRT LandRover insurance, I think what others are saying is that the pano roof is not covered by the glass policy, but is on the main policy.

[Image: 143277.png]
19-08-2012 06:00pm
doug

Don't forget that any chip or crack, as long as it's more than 2" from the edge & smaller than a golf ball can be repaired with resin.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
19-08-2012 09:14pm
The Valeter

(19-08-2012 06:00pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  Admiral consider any factory fit options as modifications. Their policy specifically says they will only cover the manufacturers basic spec, anything you choose above this has to be declared to them. This is where they catch you, because unless they specifically agree, any factory fit options are not covered. As in my case, they initially refused to cover the pano roof, but agreed to everything else.

WRT LandRover insurance, I think what others are saying is that the pano roof is not covered by the glass policy, but is on the main policy.

Theiving scumbags then as I have never had an issue with options & like all of us get asked everytime I ask for a quote and I allways say I have factory fit options and get told that it is not a problem if they are factory fit. this is because they are part of the manufacturers specification and have been tested accordingly.
Equally I have also been told as I have asked given I nearly allways have dealer fitted accessories fitted too that so long as they are fitted at a dealer they are also covered, this is because they are factory tested/approved.

I for one would not go with any insurer that gave these terms.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-08-2012 10:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply