Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wanting to join the club
benzina

RE: Wanting to join the club

Well i have driven both, and i prefer the diesels more relaxed effortless feel overall. It has that effortless low down push in the back torque, which to me is more enjoyable overall. Its more economical too. The petrol can be quick, but you have to put your foot into it more, therefor, less relaxing.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018 07:16pm by benzina.)
11-07-2018 07:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry H

Are there any common problems that the evoques suffer from that I should look out for ?
11-07-2018 08:17pm
PhilSkill

Other than the normal checks you would look for on any car, check the tailgate latch and alignment is good, and check the door locks work, make sure it corners hard without any odd noises, but its a pretty bullet proof car.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-07-2018 08:31pm
Harry H

That's great thanks for your help guys
11-07-2018 08:51pm
mlines

My son has just bought an Evoque after a long look. He does not like the split red/black seats and interior and therefore had to reject many that came up. It seemed to me to be a very popular combination a few years ago whether in the "normal" seats or the bucket seats, we certainly saw a significant number of them

Martin
12-07-2018 01:01pm
sasdiscos

I gave up looking for a petrol with the plus pack and went for the diesel in the end as one came up near me.

Do i wish i had the petrol, yes, but having said that, my car has been absolutely perfect, not missed a beat since i brought it nearly 2 1/2 years ago, so in actual fact it seems i did the right thing.

Wouldn't have an evoque unless i could get the plus pack seats, in my opinion its the only thing that makes them stand out from all the other evokes out there. Leather dash top is much better finish and door cards got leather as well.

Steve
14-07-2018 11:40am
Harry H

I've found one that ticks all my boxes it's a deisel but has everything I want including the plus pack red interior hopefully collecting it next SaturdayVery Happy Very HappyVery Happy
14-07-2018 05:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well done, what colour is the exterior?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-07-2018 11:42pm
Harry H

Interior is the oxford red recarro seats and the strip along the centre of yhe dash is black ash.
Another question for you guys the car im looking at getting on saturday doesnt have a spare wheel and im unsure weather to get a space saver or another alloy. Is there room in the well for an alloy or do u have to have a space saver ??
15-07-2018 08:45am
benzina

Only room for a space saver there. I've got the space saver, but i also bought a spare alloy and tyre to keep in my garage so i don't have to look ridiculous with that skinny one on for too long.
Just a few months ago, i was driving along the coastal road enjoying the drive, when suddenly....BANG!!!, CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK! My rear tyre just exploded and flattened immediately....i went WTF!!!
So i pull over and check what it was.....a pair of pliers went straight through the middle part of the tread. The pliers handles where the only thing sticking out. Must have falling off the back of a tradie"s utility.
Do you know the chances of that happening? The front wheel sets it up for the back, and the angle its set the pliers for entering the rear tyre must have been perfect!!
So i changed over to the space saver on the side of the road, then drove immediately home to change again to my spare alloy in the garage.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2018 10:54am by benzina.)
15-07-2018 10:51am