Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Security devices
Harry H

Security devices

Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone uses any additional security devices such as disk loc steering wheel lock or any other similar contraptions And wether they are any good

Harry
16-07-2018 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Koidream

RE: Security devices

Just a note in five languages describing all the issues with the car...

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
16-07-2018 09:04pm
bee

(16-07-2018 08:16pm)Harry H Wrote:  Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone uses any additional security devices such as disk loc steering wheel lock or any other similar contraptions And wether they are any good

Harry

I have an OBD blocker and a strong steering wheel lock with horn sounder. Very Happy

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
17-07-2018 05:30pm
Harry H

I have seen a fake OBD port device you plug it into ur actual OBD and then put the fake one back in its place but it still sends a live current through but they can't do nothing with it. What's a OBD blocker? Is it the same as that or different. And what steering wheel lock do you use?
17-07-2018 08:36pm
bee

(17-07-2018 08:36pm)Harry H Wrote:  I have seen a fake OBD port device you plug it into ur actual OBD and then put the fake one back in its place but it still sends a live current through but they can't do nothing with it. What's a OBD blocker? Is it the same as that or different. And what steering wheel lock do you use?

my obd blocker fits over the port and locks onto it with a special key. don't lose the key or you will need
a locksmith. my steering wheel lock clamps onto the steering wheel with a bar that sits over the dash, and a flap that sits over the horn. Very Happy

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
18-07-2018 01:21pm
Harry H

(18-07-2018 01:21pm)bee Wrote:  my obd blocker fits over the port and locks onto it with a special key. don't lose the key or you will need
a locksmith. my steering wheel lock clamps onto the steering wheel with a bar that sits over the dash, and a flap that sits over the horn. Very Happy

Thanks for you information I'm still deciding between the disk lock or one like you have. Think I'll wait till I pick get the car on Saturday to decide
18-07-2018 06:20pm
bee

(18-07-2018 06:20pm)Harry H Wrote:  Thanks for you information I'm still deciding between the disk lock or one like you have. Think I'll wait till I pick get the car on Saturday to decide

I looked at the disk lock but decided it was too large and difficult to store. my lock just sits on the floor behind my seat. bzzzz

18-07-2018 07:14pm
Davectr

I use a disclok, I know they’re a bit bulky but there’s a reason for this - they’re secure! They’re regular awarded best physical deterrent. I purchased the disklok bag with mine which Velcro fastens in the boot and doesn’t move around at all
19-07-2018 12:57pm
Harry H

(19-07-2018 12:57pm)Davectr Wrote:  I use a disclok, I know they’re a bit bulky but there’s a reason for this - they’re secure! They’re regular awarded best physical deterrent. I purchased the disklok bag with mine which Velcro fastens in the boot and doesn’t move around at all

What size disclok fits the evoque ?
19-07-2018 09:20pm