Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VIN Tracking - How long now for delivery?
rchip25

RE: VIN Tracking - How long now for delivery?

(10-03-2014 08:28pm)swhittak Wrote:  I'm wondering the same thing... Getting sooo antsy! ha.

XFullFatTim posted this on a thread I started though which should give you some insight.
It has to get 250 miles from the Halewood factory to the export terminal at Southampton (usually on a vehicle transporter truck with 7 others) - many be a week there waiting for the ship, a week at sea, then it will go into the receiving terminal at Baltimore for inspection for any damage and any corrective repairs that may be needed if there has been any damage in shipping (don't panic - it's very rare as LR gives them loads of protective padding and they cannot be parked too close in the car decks otherwise the drivers wouldn't be able to get into/ out of them to get them in and out of the ship!) Then however long it takes to get from Balitmore to Boston by truck or train. Once arrived at the dealer they have to prep it - after removing all the shipping protection the cars get a 2 hour PDI and then it's ready for you to drive away!

BBC news tonight reporting from Liverpool. About 20 Evoques lined up waiting for export to the USA. Someone will be getting lucky soon.

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
11-03-2014 07:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yep, I saw that too - direct to Baltimore too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2014 09:55pm
HeartbreakRidge

A little too early to include mine most likely but you never know!

What was the report about?

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
12-03-2014 12:37am
XFullFatTim

UK Exports! Atlantic Container Lines (ACL) has a weekly sailing from Liverpool to Baltimore so yours could end up on one of their ships

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-03-2014 09:31am
HeartbreakRidge

(12-03-2014 09:31am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  UK Exports! Atlantic Container Lines (ACL) has a weekly sailing from Liverpool to Baltimore so yours could end up on one of their ships

Fingers crossed!

Yours still due next week?

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
12-03-2014 02:45pm
XFullFatTim

Due to drive off the production line on the 19th with luck, InControl permitting

12-03-2014 03:24pm
Evo-king

Have you arranged to see it being built Tim or did you give up on that?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-03-2014 11:06pm
XFullFatTim

Gave up as the build date continues to change weekly................. just cannot keep making hotel bookings and cancelling them. This car is going to have to be something extremely special and have absolutely no issues if I am going to really like it - the buying experience has be so awful and LR has volunteered nothing in compensation for the delays - NOTHING, even cancelling the InControl was going to set back the build date 3 months! How ludicrous is that? It is now more than 6 months since the order was placed and the interest from Land Rover has been NIL. I'm sure even Lada would be more communicative - I certainly do not feel like a valued customer who is spending 53000 of my hard earned pounds on their product - supermarkets take more care of their customers.

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 10:09am by XFullFatTim.)
13-03-2014 10:06am
HeartbreakRidge

(13-03-2014 10:06am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I certainly do not feel like a valued customer who is spending 53000 of my hard earned pounds on their product - supermarkets take more care of their customers.

That's definitely something the dealer should attend to on handover, particularly with someone who got an original Evoque, I should think. Is your newly minted 'wet-behind-the-ears' salesman aware of how protracted and annoying it's been - meaning, have you told him all that? Though I'm loathe to be one of "those" customers, I'd certainly be making clear my expectation for some gesture of goodwill.

(11-03-2014 07:25pm)rchip25 Wrote:  BBC news tonight reporting from Liverpool. About 20 Evoques lined up waiting for export to the USA. Someone will be getting lucky soon.

Well guess what! Plugging my VIN into TOPIx tells me my build date was March 10, two days ahead of schedule! So maybe it *is* one of that lot!

happy happy, joy joy!

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 02:44pm by HeartbreakRidge.)
13-03-2014 02:10pm
XFullFatTim

I've just asked the dealer for my VIN, the rpely is that they don't get it until the vehicle is built!

13-03-2014 03:45pm