Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update: Un-f**king-believable!
Neo

RE: Update: Un-f**king-believable!

Yup its an SD4. It happened during highway driving in bright sunlight.

I called LR assist and the guy said it could be safely driven to the nearest dealer to get it fixed, albiet i'm only limted to 50-60km/h and max is gear 3 i think.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
27-10-2012 06:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jettie1767

(27-10-2012 02:40am)cousin.it Wrote:  Grapevine information we've heard is (1) it looks like an intercooler condensation issue that can let moisture get into the engine and foul firing, (2) there's a software update out now that reduces the chance of the reduced performance mode and increases engine performance as a side-benefit, and (3) there may be an official fix possibly in another 3 months or so. Rumors are mostly fun when they're about someone else but since we all have Evoques these rumors are about those of us with the gas engine.

But you have an SD4 engine?

I've been following this thread closely:
http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...tin-4.html

Yes, this is true. I reported this on evoqueforums.net as relayed to me by LR - NA which has agreed to buy back my Evoque. The permanent fix needs to go thru Federal testing in the US before it can be released to owners. Not sure how it will work elsewhere or when it will be released outside the US.

'12 BMW M6 Convertible - San Marino Blue
'12 RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic - Santorini Black
'13 BMW X3 SAV - Space Gray
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 09:16pm by jettie1767.)
28-10-2012 09:15pm
MPK

(27-10-2012 06:17am)Neo Wrote:  Yup its an SD4. It happened during highway driving in bright sunlight.

I called LR assist and the guy said it could be safely driven to the nearest dealer to get it fixed, albiet i'm only limted to 50-60km/h and max is gear 3 i think.

Neo,

How did you go with this issue?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
17-11-2012 05:04am
NightFox

(17-11-2012 05:04am)MPK Wrote:  Neo,

How did you go with this issue?

I think Neo got rid of his Evoque in the end and left here

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
17-11-2012 09:08am
PhilSkill

He did indeed...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2012 06:16pm
scrannel

RE: Un-f**king-believable!

(28-07-2012 07:47am)J77 Wrote:  I would rather push a Land Rover than drive a Jeep.

Actually Jeep was produced under Mercedes and now Fiat and we have a new Grand Cherokee for my son to go with my wife's RR Sport, my L322 and new Evoque. The Cherokee is surprisingly good, BTW.

This whole lineage thing is absurd at this point. We had 3 dicos in the past and one RR all running a version of a 60's Buick aluminum V8. The irony of this durable power plant was that in the USA at the time no one wanted it because it didn't produce a zillion HP and was... aluminum (what's that!?) But it actually weighed in at about 40 ibs less than the Land Rover 4 cylinder at the time so in the UK they immediately "got it". And used it. And those in the states who wanted sophistication (while waiting and waiting for the corvette to grow up) basically just went out and bought a Porsche.

I remember in the late 70s a friend who drove Cadillacs (when they were boats) took a look inside my dad's Mercedes and said: "I don't see any difference!" In the US cars were built for their audience and those of us who wanted something better bought foreign. But of course, GM/Delpi devleoped the MagneRide suspension which is on our Evoque... and Ferrari, Audi R8 and others. It's not like they can't do it, there has to be an economic reason to do it.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
21-02-2013 04:43pm
speary

RE: Un-f**king-believable!

(21-02-2013 04:43pm)scrannel Wrote:  Actually Jeep was produced under Mercedes and now Fiat and we have a new Grand Cherokee for my son to go with my wife's RR Sport, my L322 and new Evoque. The Cherokee is surprisingly good, BTW.

This whole lineage thing is absurd at this point. We had 3 dicos in the past and one RR all running a version of a 60's Buick aluminum V8. The irony of this durable power plant was that in the USA at the time no one wanted it because it didn't produce a zillion HP and was... aluminum (what's that!?) But it actually weighed in at about 40 ibs less than the Land Rover 4 cylinder at the time so in the UK they immediately "got it". And used it. And those in the states who wanted sophistication (while waiting and waiting for the corvette to grow up) basically just went out and bought a Porsche.

I remember in the late 70s a friend who drove Cadillacs (when they were boats) took a look inside my dad's Mercedes and said: "I don't see any difference!" In the US cars were built for their audience and those of us who wanted something better bought foreign. But of course, GM/Delpi devleoped the MagneRide suspension which is on our Evoque... and Ferrari, Audi R8 and others. It's not like they can't do it, there has to be an economic reason to do it.

Please note it was made from Aluminium, not aluminum. You Yanks, honestly !!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
22-02-2013 09:04am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Speary I hope you never go into a stationery store in the USA and ask for a rubber because you will get some very odd and confused looks from the sales person and be told they don't sell that sort of product, go to the pharmacist!
It's all in the difference between American and real English.

I had a Dscovery1 with that Buick V8 and it was a peach of an engine, the version I had was the 4.0ltr version but there was a bored out 4.6ltr version too in some Discoveries and Range Rover P38A. It was also used by lots of the small, limited reduction companies like TVR For their cars but unfortunately European emissions rules killed it off

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 02:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-02-2013 02:42pm
scrannel

(23-02-2013 02:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Speary I hope you never go into a stationery store in the USA and ask for a rubber because you will get some very odd and confused looks from the sales person and be told they don't sell that sort of product, go to the pharmacist!
It's all in the difference between American and real English.

I had a Dscovery1 with that Buick V8 and it was a peach of an engine, the version I had was the 4.0ltr version but there was a bored out 4.6ltr version too in some Discoveries and Range Rover P38A. It was also used by lots of the small, limited reduction companies like TVR For their cars but unfortunately European emissions rules killed it off

Yes, a neat little power plant completely ignored by Americans till it returned in Land Rovers; the odd Morgan; MGBGT V8; TR8... when we finally began falling in love with her. And this Wikipedia quote: "Surplus engine blocks of the Oldsmobile (6-bolt-per-cylinder) version of this engine formed the basis of the Australian Formula One Repco V8 used by Brabham to win the 1966 Formula One world championship. No other American stock-block engine has won a Formula One championship." But hey, it wasn't good enough for us. Emissions killed it here as well.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
23-02-2013 03:26pm