Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Umbrella
mark_n

Umbrella

In spite of the recently declared drout conditions in the UK, it's very important that we give due consideration to how we will look when standing in the pouring rain on the hard shoulder of the motorway waiting for LR Recovery after our RREs have dumped the contents of their engines over the road.

To ensure that minimum style standards are met, I can certainly recommend the RR branded umbrella, LRO2769, made by a company called Blunt. It costs £49.99 (off eBay) and is much better made than most branded umbrellas and has the added advantage of fitting nicely into the recess in the semi-flexible load liner provided to the purpose. The only thing they've missed is that you have to unpack everything in the boot to get at it...

Umbrella Link

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-03-2012 12:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Umbrella

Rolling with Laughter

We don't have LR recovery in Sweden, it's just a bloke with a horse and cart who wants cash up from to drag you home.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
13-03-2012 01:01pm
Barneyridge

(13-03-2012 12:49pm)mark_n Wrote:  In spite of the recently declared drout conditions in the UK, it's very important that we give due consideration to how we will look when standing in the pouring rain on the hard shoulder of the motorway waiting for LR Recovery after our RREs have dumped the contents of their engines over the road.

Nice positive thoughts there mate, I take it no silver lining of the clouds either.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
13-03-2012 01:05pm
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 12:49pm)mark_n Wrote:  In spite of the recently declared drout conditions in the UK, it's very important that we give due consideration to how we will look when standing in the pouring rain on the hard shoulder of the motorway waiting for LR Recovery after our RREs have dumped the contents of their engines over the road.

To ensure that minimum style standards are met, I can certainly recommend the RR branded umbrella, LRO2769, made by a company called Blunt. It costs £49.99 (off eBay) and is much better made than most branded umbrellas and has the added advantage of fitting nicely into the recess in the semi-flexible load liner provided to the purpose. The only thing they've missed is that you have to unpack everything in the boot to get at it...

Umbrella Link

Good old British gallows humour! (A must-have Evoque accessory!).
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 02:56pm by Donny Dog.)
13-03-2012 02:41pm
cjfp

Let's hope mark_n doesn't set the spelling police on himself Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-03-2012 02:44pm
dandavis1

(13-03-2012 02:44pm)cjfp Wrote:  Let's hope mark_n doesn't set the spelling police on himself Laughing

Why would he?
13-03-2012 03:36pm
cjfp

"drout" - surely "drought"

If there is some other meaning to your question then I have obviously missed it.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-03-2012 03:38pm
mark_n

(13-03-2012 03:38pm)cjfp Wrote:  "drout" - surely "drought"

If there is some other meaning to your question then I have obviously missed it.

Indeed, drought, not drout! Just testing... LOL

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-03-2012 04:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Problem would be once you've scrambled to the back of the boot to recover your £60 brolly you find that what is really in the tube is this................ http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/130299077...adtype=pla

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 06:36pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-03-2012 06:36pm
jitenc

And now for some dry Humour...

An 80 year old man was having his RRE looked at by the Recovery Vehicle chap, on the M1 hard shoulder where he had broken down. The recovery chap asked him how he was feeling.
"I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"
The recovery chap considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season. But one day he went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun." The chap continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle." "And do you know what happened?" the chap queried.
Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No". The chap continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"
"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."
"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the chap.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
13-03-2012 07:30pm