Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
US Spec Evoque in the UK - SatNav Won't Work - Ideas Needed
CynTroy

US Spec Evoque in the UK - SatNav Won't Work - Ideas Needed

Hello,

I have a US Spec Prestige here in the UK. I knew going in that the SatNav would not work here in the UK but now I am wondering if there is a solution. I am hoping someone here can help.

Here are some ideas that have already been suggested.

1. Try loading the Europe map pack via disk.
2. Install the head unit that ships with Evoques shipped to Germany.

Thanks in advance,

Troy
16-03-2012 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: US Spec Evoque in the UK - SatNav Won't Work - Ideas Needed

I know it doesn't answer your questions and won't look as nice as an integrated system but surely a TomTom would be more cost effective, easier to update and might even have speed cams on it.................. and there is the possibility of selling it on easily on a certain well known auction website when you take the car back to the USA.
You are lucky you can still take a gas engined RRE with you, I was seconded to our company offices in Maryland a month after taking delivery of a TD6 Range Rover............. I turned the job down and it has effaced my promotion since, as I didn't want to leave a brand new car in the UK for the 3 years of the appointment - LR couldn't provide any service or repair back-up for the car in the USA.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 07:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-03-2012 07:26pm
CynTroy

(16-03-2012 07:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I know it doesn't answer your questions and won't look as nice as an integrated system but surely a TomTom would be more cost effective, easier to update and might even have speed cams on it.................. and there is the possibility of selling it on easily on a certain well known auction website when you take the car back to the USA.
You are lucky you can still take a gas engined RRE with you, I was seconded to our company offices in Maryland a month after taking delivery of a TD6 Range Rover............. I turned the job down and it has effaced my promotion since, as I didn't want to leave a brand new car in the UK for the 3 years of the appointment - LR couldn't provide any service or repair back-up for the car in the USA.

I have a Garmin that I have to use with an external GPS antenna since the windscreen prevents the satnav from finding satellites.

I may end up using the portable satnav with a bluetooth GPS receiver mounted in the back window unless I can find a solution.

Thanks for the advice,
Troy
17-03-2012 01:38am
simonc

My iPhone sat nav seems to work ok - tho I do have the panoramic roof so perhaps it sees the satellites through that rather than the windscreen?

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
17-03-2012 09:29am
DustinDep

Ive been working this issue for a while I'm waiting on a tech order from land rover so the dealers can change it, our navs aren't DVD based they are hard drive based to they need to change the hard drive and a few modules they said to make it work I'm in contact with some ppl from the factory now but if you message nick@landrover on here and start bugging about the same issue its only going to help. Did you get yours from auto village???
18-03-2012 02:04am
CynTroy

(18-03-2012 02:04am)DustinDep Wrote:  Ive been working this issue for a while I'm waiting on a tech order from land rover so the dealers can change it, our navs aren't DVD based they are hard drive based to they need to change the hard drive and a few modules they said to make it work I'm in contact with some ppl from the factory now but if you message nick@landrover on here and start bugging about the same issue its only going to help. Did you get yours from auto village???

DustinDep,
Yes, I bought it at Autovillage from Baz and Terry. Great guys.

I will contact nick@landrover.

Other contributors,
Thanks for the input. I will post again when I have a solution in place.

Troy
18-03-2012 11:37am
CynTroy

(18-03-2012 02:04am)DustinDep Wrote:  Ive been working this issue for a while I'm waiting on a tech order from land rover so the dealers can change it, our navs aren't DVD based they are hard drive based to they need to change the hard drive and a few modules they said to make it work I'm in contact with some ppl from the factory now but if you message nick@landrover on here and start bugging about the same issue its only going to help. Did you get yours from auto village???

DustinDep,
Send me a private message with contact info. I am unable to send messages for some reason.

Troy
20-03-2012 03:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

CynTroy, you should be able to send PM's now, there is a minimum number of posts required before PM/Email works. If you still cannot use PM's/ email then find some posts and reply with smileys which gets your post count up

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 07:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-03-2012 07:21pm
DustinDep

Make sure you message Nic as the more ppl who need this the sooner we can get it done!!
21-03-2012 08:54am
CynTroy

(21-03-2012 08:54am)DustinDep Wrote:  Make sure you message Nic as the more ppl who need this the sooner we can get it done!!

Nick@ has made contact and is aware we are searching for a solution. There is another US Spec owner interested too. Brandon ordered his Dynamic this week.
23-03-2012 09:14pm