DustinDep

RE: US Spec Evoque in the UK - SatNav Won't Work - Ideas Needed

2013 European Maps Update for sale on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281153908768?s...1555.l2649
19-08-2013 04:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hungrypilot

Also, how did you get around the Euro specification requirements for your Evoque? I bought my SD4 in Germany and was told I can't own a US spec car in Germany unless it gets modified to European specs... hence why I bought a Euro spec SD4.

Are the laws for vehicles in the UK different than Germany? I thought it was EU-wide.
18-10-2013 09:22am
MrNoo

(17-03-2012 01:38am)CynTroy Wrote:  I have a Garmin that I have to use with an external GPS antenna since the windscreen prevents the satnav from finding satellites.

I may end up using the portable satnav with a bluetooth GPS receiver mounted in the back window unless I can find a solution.

Thanks for the advice,
Troy

My Garmin nuvi 3760T works through the heated front screen - I position it in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
18-10-2013 02:43pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(18-10-2013 09:22am)Hungrypilot Wrote:  Also, how did you get around the Euro specification requirements for your Evoque? I bought my SD4 in Germany and was told I can't own a US spec car in Germany unless it gets modified to European specs... hence why I bought a Euro spec SD4.

Are the laws for vehicles in the UK different than Germany? I thought it was EU-wide.

I have a UK car which have now imported and registered in Germany. As long as the headlights are asymmetric dip to the right and a foglight on the offside you are sorted. My speedo is still MPH but having the KMH display active in the bottom of the multi-function display is fine. As an EU car though mine came with a certificate of conformity, but a non-EU car would need to pay EU import tax (a set %age which I think is 10%) and you would need to have single vehicle approval test before you can register the car. That's it!Shocked

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
18-10-2013 07:11pm
Hungrypilot

That's what I thought. My wife just registered the car today with the CoC in hand. The dealer told me when I ordered it that the diesels can never be taken to the U.S. Sad
18-10-2013 07:14pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(18-10-2013 07:14pm)Hungrypilot Wrote:  That's what I thought. My wife just registered the car today with the CoC in hand. The dealer told me when I ordered it that the diesels can never be taken to the U.S. Sad

Yeah, I think diesels on sale in the US currently are at about the emission levels if Euro 6 (which needs Ad Blue to get the NOx levels low enough); the Evoque is only(!) at 5.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
18-10-2013 07:26pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC the Sulphur content of USA Diesel is too high as well for EU spec cars and of course you cannot take them into states like California. Merc and BMW specially re-engineer their Diesel engines to cope with the poor quality US diesel and strict Ca emissions requirements. When I go to Ca on the ship we have to shut down all our plant and plug into shore power as we cannot even burn the low Sulphur fuels we have onboard there, we can arrive in port on ULS fuel but then have to use a power station ashore to provide our electricity............... a power station that emits way way more particulate than the ship does!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 11:15pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-10-2013 11:14pm
Ivo

Does somebody has success with installing European maps on US spec Evoque? Do you think that a change of the LCD display with European unit will fix the problem?
22-10-2013 04:13pm
Ivo

Does anybody has some solution ?

Thank you in advanced.
11-11-2013 09:50pm
scrannel

I think you posted on another site? Anyway, the first thing you must get your head around is UK dealers, generally, could care less. (US dealers might actually try to sort, but will quickly tire of the effort). So... I presume the unit may be a Ford product? Anyway, I used these people to upgrade my old CD L322 nav. Maybe they have some insight?

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrupgrades/na...html#intro

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
12-11-2013 04:44am