Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really
Tulabb

So Iam ready to place my order this weekend Ot next weekend but we are going for another test drive first.

Hunters in Southampton uk are telling me estimated delivery will be around feb/mar 2013.....really will it take this long or will I be better off going to another dealer? To be honest I was expecting around December time for delivery or just after.

Also what are the dealers like in uk in terms of getting discount of freebies of some sort thrown in or is this wishful thinking....

I had a crap trainee salesman during the first visit and I felt I knew more than him about the car...just got the impression they were getting so many orders they hardly need to push sales or even bother trying hard...Twisted Evil

Can u guys in the uk let me know your thoughts and experiences dealing with uk dealers.

Any advice u can give...anything to avoid...

I will be going pure the black pure with a few added extras like the camera for parking, folding mirrors and tech pack.

Thanks!
16-07-2012 10:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

If you really want a quick delivery and don't mind travelling give Craig a ring at guy salmon in Wakefield he has allocation slots for October he was saying on the other Evoque forum.
http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/...c1551.html

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 10:47pm by Barton Evoque.)
16-07-2012 10:45pm
Tulabb

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

(16-07-2012 10:45pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  If you really want a quick delivery and don't mind travelling give Craig a ring at guy salmon in Wakefield he has allocation slots for October he was saying on the other Evoque forum.

Thank you...will call tomorrow.

I don't understand why it's diff for diff dealers...
16-07-2012 10:47pm
Tulabb

(16-07-2012 10:45pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  If you really want a quick delivery and don't mind travelling give Craig a ring at guy salmon in Wakefield he has allocation slots for October he was saying on the other Evoque forum.
http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/...c1551.html

I spoke to a few of the guys at guy salmon- various branches and I was told if I ordered now delivery would be between nov/dec...does this sound about right or too good to be true considering my original dealer was quoting feb/mar 2013.
19-07-2012 09:50pm
Evo-king

Tulabb.

This is a subject discussed at length on here.

Contact as many dealers as you can to find out what their order books a delivery forecasts are like. Someone managed 3 months a little while back.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-07-2012 10:08pm
Tulabb

(19-07-2012 10:08pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Tulabb.

This is a subject discussed at length on here.

Contact as many dealers as you can to find out what their order books a delivery forecasts are like. Someone managed 3 months a little while back.

I made quite a few calls today.

The guy in Guildford told me they had have the biggest allocation from LR...hmm...

Hopefully I will put a deposit down this weekend - got 2 potential options base on the calls I make and they are both around 40 min drive from where I live which is a bonus.

What are your thoughts on front fog lights? To me on santorini black it looks a little bland at the front without them but at the same time Iam trying to keep my costs down whe possible.
19-07-2012 10:13pm
Barton Evoque

You defiantly need to have front fogs it looks awful without them and i would also order spare wheel and not the gunk and pump they provided. I have also ordered a Pure as well and added a few options I thought would improve it.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
19-07-2012 10:28pm
ceebee

Yip, deffo front fogs and spare wheel!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
19-07-2012 10:30pm
Tulabb

So I am going for the tech pack, rear parking camera, electric mirror, santorini black and fog lights.

Not sure about the spare tyre...didn't originally bother with it because my nearest dealer is literally 10 min drive from my home and it's around the same distance to work. I also thought the tyre can be brought at a later stage.

Anything else u guys feel is a must for the pure manual 2.2D?
19-07-2012 10:41pm
Barton Evoque

If you don't order spare wheel now you will get a different floor pan in boot which is not set up to take a spare wheel. Worth spending the £120 now because it will be far more later.

19-07-2012 10:45pm