Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyre/wheel storage bags
IKM

Tyre/wheel storage bags

Hi,

Can anyone recommend tyre and wheel storage bags for Evoque 18" and 19" wheels with tyres? So I guess they have to be the size for the tyres. They'll be stored inside, but it'd be good to have them just to transport wheels and tyres to tyre fitting centre. Thanks!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
16-11-2012 09:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Tyre/wheel storage bags

We use huge plastic bags, I'm sure if you asked a tyre dealer that they'd help you out.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
17-11-2012 08:01am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Tyre/wheel storage bags

Sainsbury Wheelie Bin liners are big enough and cost peanuts - not too strong though as they are made from recycled
plastics.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 10:25am by XFullFatTim.)
17-11-2012 10:23am
IKM

(17-11-2012 10:23am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sainsbury Wheelie Bin liners are big enough and cost peanuts - not too strong though as they are made from recycled
plastics.
Nice one Tim. Didn't realise you got wheelie bin liners.... Ideal.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

17-11-2012 10:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've never done that as I have a garage that I managed to delete the option of a window and glazed door when it was built! The other thing to do is get down to the dealer and ask them for some of the miles of used bubble pack they get - the really heavy duty stuff with the big bubbles on it - to put between the bags of wheels if you stack them on the flat, it's also useful if you store them "on the roll" to prevent scuffing between the wheels - I have miles of carpet off cut cut to twice the size of the wheel and folded in half that does that job though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-11-2012 10:37am
ChuckieB

Have been looking around and don't seem to be able to come up with anything stock that is larger than 18".

Bin bags and carpet it will have to be.

Shame!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-11-2012 12:28pm
IKM

The bags are more to protect the inside of the car when transporting winter or summer wheels to tyre fitter. I managed to soil the headlining last week just getting the wheels into the boot. Took ages to clean. Fed up learning through my mistakes. Shouldn't have to learn that way at my age!

17-11-2012 04:48pm
Stadt Panzer

Tyre/wheel storage bags

IKM. Its standard practice here in Germany, that the dealers put your wheels in bags if your changing the wheels/tyres over. Surprised to here that they don't do that in the UK

Somewhere in the North Sea.
17-11-2012 06:04pm
PhilSkill

(17-11-2012 06:04pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  IKM. Its standard practice here in Germany, that the dealers put your wheels in bags if your changing the wheels/tyres over. Surprised to here that they don't do that in the UK

It's not a very common practice in the UK, we prefer to bring the roads to a standstill for the times it does snow Laughing, so Tyre centers are not geared up for it really! It's becoming more common though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2012 06:14pm
IKM

(17-11-2012 06:04pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  IKM. Its standard practice here in Germany, that the dealers put your wheels in bags if your changing the wheels/tyres over. Surprised to here that they don't do that in the UK
I'm surprised and disappointed myself about UK on this and many other issues (car insurance, servicing etc), especially after spending 6 years in Norway when they had winter tyre availability and storage down to a fine art. And the winters in SW Norway were no worse than here.

17-11-2012 07:45pm