Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heat it up? Do you.
PhilSkill

RE: Heat it up? Do you.

As long as you do some fast motoring every now and then it should regenerate, lots of short and/or slow journeys will cause it to build up and not be regenerated properly

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2012 12:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

(16-11-2012 11:14pm)Evo-king Wrote:  As Tim says "The numbers on the heating controllers are not temperatures they are settings - RTFM"

That's why I suggested numbers 23 as someone already reported heating starts to work well on that setting or higher.

The single push button is the max defrost, which, switches on heated front screen, heated rear screen, heated wing mirrors, high speed blower setting and a/c.

Evo I have RTFM a few times during the wait for my car and I cannot find any mention of the fact that these numbers are not temperatures. In fact it refers to the "selected temperature"#

AUTO
AUTO mode should be used as the normal
operating mode. The air conditioning, heating
and ventilation controls automatically provide
an optimum environment at the selected
temperature
To resume fully automatic operation at any
time, press the AUTO button.

TEMPERATURE CONTROLS
Rotate to set a temperature.
Note: The maximum possible temperature
differential between the driver and passenger
settings is 4°C (7°F).

I'm not saying they are calibrated to +/- 0.00001% accuracy but they must refer loosly to a temperature.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
17-11-2012 07:28am
NightFox

Yes, the numbers on the heater dials are related to temperature, hence why they are either in fahrenheit or centigrade, why they don't go from 0-10 and why the manual states a max temp difference between the two sides. I think LR CS once made a statement of them 'just being settings' when someone was querying the inability of the climate control system to maintain a steady temperature - in other words 'yes, they are temperatures but if we say they're not you can't try to sue us or reject the car because it's 1 degree warmer than the dial's set to'.

So yes, they're approximate temperatures, not artbitary numbers. Ultimately though, does it matter? Do you heat the cabin to a set temperature, or what you actually feel comfortable in?

Oh, and cranking the temperature dials up to max when you get in will not heat the car up any quicker!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 09:27am by NightFox.)
17-11-2012 09:22am
PhilSkill

+1

Threads take a life of their own! Funny how every one is talking about cabin temp from a small mention, the op at the start was talking about engine warming... And the gauge between the dials that shows water temp, the cabin temp was an aside.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 05:39pm by PhilSkill.)
17-11-2012 05:35pm