Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Tuning box?
rhysadams

RE: Tuning box?

(09-06-2012 04:20pm)gibbyd Wrote:  Had mine at 15 -17 and 20. The best power/ economy was 17 which gave me 45 mpg on motorway and plenty of power. Sd4 manual.

Thats brilliant, going to run the car as standard for a month, then add the kit so I know I've spent well lol. The kit comes with a spare jumper, so will take a look.

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
09-06-2012 06:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gibbyd

Tuning box?

(09-06-2012 06:27pm)rhysadams Wrote:  Thats brilliant, going to run the car as standard for a month, then add the kit so I know I've spent well lol. The kit comes with a spare jumper, so will take a look.

If it's from TDI tuning they will e mail a PDF of the 32 setting changes available. :0)
10-06-2012 09:45am
rhysadams

Hi Al,

Just thought I would follow up on this thread. Still not got my Evoque but the kit is here ready to be installed. Did anyone see the article in, i think, Auto Express about TDI Tuning kits and how they don' effect the cars? Tried to have a look on their website but cannot find the article. Also I was told by somebody who works for LR, that they have tested a number of these units in their cars and although they wouldn't confirm that these were ok, I got a wink (hopefully he wasn't trying to pull me).

Anyway the Golf is running well, still 650 to the tank and my recent trip back from Wales told me I was doing 68 mpg, only thing I notice is when I get to about 550 miles, the car tells me I still have another 150-200 miles left. It lies and drops dramatically. I haven't done any manual workings myself, but my friend whois also running a box on his new VW Passat says it is about 3-5mpg out.

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
02-09-2012 10:42pm
gibbyd

Tuning box?

My trip told me last week I would get 518 from a tank full and I actually got 498 in the end. My friend gets 410 on the trip with no box and gets that figure by the end of a tank full. 88 miles extra a tank !! I do LOTS of motorway driving.
03-09-2012 06:54am
rhysadams

Brilliant! Thats a good result! Right going to fit it when its delivered!

03-09-2012 12:46pm
rayaane

NB - COMPANY NAME / LINKS REMOVED BY MOD DUE TO POSSIBLE 'ADVERTS' IN FIRST POST

So i just installed a diesel tuning box for my Evoque SD4 190hp having only done 843 miles so far. The difference is amazing greater throttle response, the torque (pulling power) is really strong in the first 2 gears was the best money i've ever spent. I got my tuning box from XYZ and got the XYZ VERSION, for £279.99.

LINK REMOVED

The XYZ VERSION control has 4 connections, two between the common rail (so one wire from the common rail to the box and then back to the other clip. And the other to the fuel sensor, again two connections.

The device itself is so easy to fit, personally I'm a 18 year old boy, with slight knowledge of engines, but it took me at most 30 mins to fit and this was the first time i had even opened the engine bonnet in the evoque!

I havent done a rolling road test, but a supposed 238bhp (max of 244bhp) is stated i used map 8 from the 9 maps given on the tuning box. and left the fuel curve unaltered (you'll see when you buy the device).
Personally this was better than me having an ECU remap which voids warranty, whilst this tuning box can be easily disconnected and connected in less than 10minutes, but also has a map setting which just restores the car to its original settings so for MOT purposes you can change this to Map 0 which is original engine settings.

In terms of performance if we go with the statistics of the Evoque from Land Rover, they say 0-60mph in 8.5s, to get this standard time have traction control off and dynamic mode, and sport mode on the gear 'S' and holding the brake and rev to 3000rpm before lifting off and going.

With the diesel tuning box on map setting 8 use the same starting style, except that you can rev to 3000rpm because theres so much torque that the car starts moving, so hold to about 2000rpm and lift off.
The 0-60 time for this was 7.7s using my iPhone stopwatch. However personally i think it was faster as my reaction time to click stop was a bit slow.

All in all it was well worth the £280 spent, and the car just seems to keep going when you plant your foot down. As for mpg well i bought the car from an up north dealer (i live in London) and the 180miles down on the motorway gave quite a poor mpg of around 32 if i remember and this was with normal driving and no 'racing'. I heard that the first few thousand miles sort of break in the engine and then you should see mpg getting higher. But i haven't ever seen at least close to 40mpg on any drive of mine. Hopefully the tuning box will increase mpg and i'll get back to you to see how good i get. Smile

LINK REMOVED

Range Rover Evoque SD4 Fuji white with black contrast roof Lux pack, Privacy Glass. Delivered: 1st October by Farnells Bradford

Unfortunately I wasn't advertising I am in no way affiliated with the company, however if you would like to know which tuning box I used you can message me or read other posts which also shoe the tuning company is very good
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 10:14pm by rayaane.)
05-11-2012 03:48pm
SirNiall

(05-11-2012 03:48pm)rayaane Wrote:  NB - COMPANY NAME / LINKS REMOVED BY MOD DUE TO POSSIBLE 'ADVERTS' IN FIRST POST

So i just installed a diesel tuning box for my Evoque SD4 190hp having only done 843 miles so far. The difference is amazing greater throttle response, the torque (pulling power) is really strong in the first 2 gears was the best money i've ever spent. I got my tuning box from XYZ and got the XYZ VERSION, for £279.99.

LINK REMOVED

The XYZ VERSION control has 4 connections, two between the common rail (so one wire from the common rail to the box and then back to the other clip. And the other to the fuel sensor, again two connections.

The device itself is so easy to fit, personally I'm a 18 year old boy, with slight knowledge of engines, but it took me at most 30 mins to fit and this was the first time i had even opened the engine bonnet in the evoque!

I havent done a rolling road test, but a supposed 238bhp (max of 244bhp) is stated i used map 8 from the 9 maps given on the tuning box. and left the fuel curve unaltered (you'll see when you buy the device).
Personally this was better than me having an ECU remap which voids warranty, whilst this tuning box can be easily disconnected and connected in less than 10minutes, but also has a map setting which just restores the car to its original settings so for MOT purposes you can change this to Map 0 which is original engine settings.

In terms of performance if we go with the statistics of the Evoque from Land Rover, they say 0-60mph in 8.5s, to get this standard time have traction control off and dynamic mode, and sport mode on the gear 'S' and holding the brake and rev to 3000rpm before lifting off and going.

With the diesel tuning box on map setting 8 use the same starting style, except that you can rev to 3000rpm because theres so much torque that the car starts moving, so hold to about 2000rpm and lift off.
The 0-60 time for this was 7.7s using my iPhone stopwatch. However personally i think it was faster as my reaction time to click stop was a bit slow.

All in all it was well worth the £280 spent, and the car just seems to keep going when you plant your foot down. As for mpg well i bought the car from an up north dealer (i live in London) and the 180miles down on the motorway gave quite a poor mpg of around 32 if i remember and this was with normal driving and no 'racing'. I heard that the first few thousand miles sort of break in the engine and then you should see mpg getting higher. But i haven't ever seen at least close to 40mpg on any drive of mine. Hopefully the tuning box will increase mpg and i'll get back to you to see how good i get. Smile

LINK REMOVED

Range Rover Evoque SD4 Fuji white with black contrast roof Lux pack, Privacy Glass. Delivered: 1st October by Farnells Bradford

Unfortunately I wasn't advertising I am in no way affiliated with the company, however if you would like to know which tuning box I used you can message me or read other posts which also shoe the tuning company is very good

Hi Rayanne. I would like to know where you got your box from. I am trying a Viezu Box atm and am undecided on keeping it or changing type of box.
06-11-2012 01:54pm
rayaane

(06-11-2012 01:54pm)SirNiall Wrote:  Hi Rayanne. I would like to know where you got your box from. I am trying a Viezu Box atm and am undecided on keeping it or changing type of box.

i got mine from bluesparkautomotive, i got the bluespark pro+ boost control. works a treat

heres the link but moderators may remove it so just search in google
http://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/diese...que-2.2-SD
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 02:11pm by rayaane.)
06-11-2012 02:04pm
jojosr

I think, this is pure advertising!!!!

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
06-11-2012 05:49pm
tripletreiber

...i saw the same post on bluespark....

make some photos and post them... otherwise nobody would believe it ^^Laughing

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
06-11-2012 05:57pm