Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tuner for 2.0L (Petrol) Ecoboost ECU
Tom C

Tuner for 2.0L (Petrol) Ecoboost ECU

http://ecutuninggroup.com/price-list

I contacted them to inquire about the increased power and this is the response I got:

By reprogramming the ECU on the all new Range Rover Evoque's, approximate gains achieved are 45hp & 55lbs tq. Along with the additional power, the speed limiter will be removed, removal hesitation and flatspots throughout the rpm band, and improve shifting. You will also notice a 10-15% decrease in fuel consumption.

I asked for some dyno proof of the performance increase and they said they didn't have any. I always take tuner's performance claims with a huge grain of salt. I also end up testing it myself on a dyno and at the track (I also have a vbox to datalog performance). I am going to wait and see if some other tuners come out with anything or see if this one provides some tangible results.

Tom

'12 RR Evoque: Fuji White, Espresso and Almond
'09 Nissan GT-R
13-03-2012 08:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Tuner for 2.0L (Petrol) Ecoboost ECU

And the reduction of fuel consumption only occurs when you don't use the available extra power the car has gained and you drive everywhere like a granny!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-03-2012 08:54pm
Bo_vien

This is great news although I'm a little leary of dyno claims without any dyno proof.

1999 Toyota Camry LE - Woodland Green Prl, 14" steel rims, power windows and driver seat, broken cassette player Surprised
2012 Fuji White Tongue Out
13-03-2012 08:55pm
Tom C

(13-03-2012 08:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  And the reduction of fuel consumption only occurs when you don't use the available extra power the car has gained and you drive everywhere like a granny!

I was thinking the same thing. Although, I have been driving like "granny" to see what fuel mileage I can get out of the Evoque...almost 23mpg in mixed driving....my last car was getting 12-13mpg doing the same daily trip... Shocked

Tom

'09 Nissan GT-R
13-03-2012 09:08pm
lngrn36

ECU formerly known as Singh Autosports.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
14-03-2012 05:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ApeelinZ

(13-03-2012 08:10pm)Tom C Wrote:  http://ecutuninggroup.com/price-list

I contacted them to inquire about the increased power and this is the response I got:

By reprogramming the ECU on the all new Range Rover Evoque's, approximate gains achieved are 45hp & 55lbs tq. Along with the additional power, the speed limiter will be removed, removal hesitation and flatspots throughout the rpm band, and improve shifting. You will also notice a 10-15% decrease in fuel consumption.

I asked for some dyno proof of the performance increase and they said they didn't have any. I always take tuner's performance claims with a huge grain of salt. I also end up testing it myself on a dyno and at the track (I also have a vbox to datalog performance). I am going to wait and see if some other tuners come out with anything or see if this one provides some tangible results.

Tom
There is no way they can give an approx hp/tq gain without a dyno. If you do have it done do a before and after dyno. I am sure if they get what they say there would be more interest from other forum members.

T

2012 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic Si4, 5dr Orkney Grey, Ebony Interior, Ebony Headliner, Climate Comfort, Adaptive Dynamics, on standard 19" Style 3 wheels.
14-03-2012 07:47pm
Tom C

(14-03-2012 07:47pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  There is no way they can give an approx hp/tq gain without a dyno. If you do have it done do a before and after dyno. I am sure if they get what they say there would be more interest from other forum members.

T

I totally agree. That is why I want to see some proof first. I would also be interested in seeing what some intake and exhaust mods would do with an ECU tune.

Tom

'09 Nissan GT-R
14-03-2012 07:58pm
lngrn36

May e they didn't have paper for the Dino that day...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
14-03-2012 08:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom C

(14-03-2012 08:03pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  May e they didn't have paper for the Dino that day...

That wouldn't be a problem if it was a Dynojet...as I have the WINpep software loaded on my computer to view the drf files created by everyone Dynojet run... Wink

I actually asked for the dyno sheets, here was his response:

Unfortunately, as of the moment, we do not have any dyno sheets available for this car. The next time one comes in, we'll make sure to strap it to the dyno and record the results. To get an idea of the gains we have been achieving across various manufacturers, please view the dyno sheets on our website here.

The tune is completely undetectable to factory diagnostics.

Tom, if you have any further questions, I would be more than happy to answer them

So I then asked in a follow-up e-mail that if he did get another Evoque in on the dyno, if they could also log the before and after boost differences....and also if it was necessary to send the entire ECU to be tuned.... to which I got this response:

Please note that we do not go straight to the ECU and adjust the 'boost'. As other tuners simply raise the boost and call it a day, it's more complex than that. Boost is calculated by timing, air-fuel ratio, and level of octane used.

The next time an Evoque comes in, we'll see if the customer is willing to put it on the dyno.

Yes, we will need you to send in your ECU to have it tuned. Turnaround time is 24 hours given we receive the unit pre 10:30am delivery. One of our engineers will gladly be able to assist (via phone) you in properly removing the ECU.

We understand your concerns regarding the safety and reliability of your vehicle and I assure you we do not cross the line in putting the vehicle in any danger. Remember, the software is completely undetectable to factory diagnostics. We have tuned vehicles across the whole spectrum ranging from a Bugatti to a Mini Cooper.

If you have not already seen, we tuned a 2012 Overfinch Range Rover. You can view the blog here.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further questions

Tom

'09 Nissan GT-R
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 08:43pm by Tom C.)
14-03-2012 08:39pm
Thumper

It is $300 more than the custom tune I had done on my 2011 M3 from Powerchip! There will be more options in the future. Hopefully some intake and exhaust options too!!!! Cool

Luvin' every minute of if it!!!
22-03-2012 03:40am