Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TPMS Display
roverhaul

TPMS Display

Hi, great board you've got here!

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the TPMS system displays on the screen between the gauges? I know it's not a live system - doesn't show pressure on demand. But do you get a display telling/showing you which tire has low pressure?

Thanks so much.
10-10-2012 03:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: TPMS Display

Yes - page 223 of the owners manualin the TPMS section

The tyre pressure warning lamp illuminates when one or more of the
tyres is significantly under-inflated or a non TPM system wheel and tyre is in use.
This will be accompanied by a graphic and message in the Driver information centre. The
graphic and message will indicate which of the TPM system tyres needs attention

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-10-2012 03:51pm
roverhaul

(10-10-2012 03:51pm)cjfp Wrote:  Yes - page 223 of the owners manualin the TPMS section

The tyre pressure warning lamp illuminates when one or more of the
tyres is significantly under-inflated or a non TPM system wheel and tyre is in use.
This will be accompanied by a graphic and message in the Driver information centre. The
graphic and message will indicate which of the TPM system tyres needs attention

Thank you, does anyone have a picture of the graphic shown in the Drivers information centre?
10-10-2012 04:09pm
cjfp

(10-10-2012 04:09pm)roverhaul Wrote:  Thank you, does anyone have a picture of the graphic shown in the Drivers information centre?

I couldn't copy the graphic from the web. Basically it is a car shape (looking down) and the affected wheel lights up. Take a look in the Owner Manual or register/look on Topix.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-10-2012 04:11pm
roverhaul

(10-10-2012 04:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  I couldn't copy the graphic from the web. Basically it is a car shape (looking down) and the affected wheel lights up. Take a look in the Owner Manual or register/look on Topix.

Thanks again and sorry for not checking Topix first. The Range Rover owner's manual doesn't show the graphic, so I wrongly assumed the Evoque manual wouldn't either.

I appreciate your help on this.
10-10-2012 06:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The best way to describe it is as a rate of deflation meter! I have it on mine and all you get is an icon that is a cross section of a tyre in the screen and the
words like "left rear" or Right Front" " check pressure" in the screen when one of the tyres is becoming low. I have only had it show a tyre below pressure once and that was a false alarm that hopefully is now fixed with a software update

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 10:10pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-10-2012 10:08pm