Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This may sound stupid, but I need help.........
Griff449

RE: This may sound stupid, but I need help.........

[Image: RangeRoverEvoque-five-door-1.jpg]

[Image: RangeRoverEvoque-five-door-2.jpg]

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
25-05-2012 09:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PigLauncher

(25-05-2012 12:03pm)leeselee Wrote:  Now here's the thing, I started off thinking I would go for Fuji as I thought white was such a stand out colour.

I was then put off white by the fact that all I could see were white cars (not just Evoques) and the fact that a friend said I would have a car that looked like 'the Only Way Is Essex'.

I still think white is gorgeous, but then I saw the OG.......

I do love it and my husband has just got his Mercedes E class in a grey and I love it. I have previously owned silver and black (no more black cars - they always look dirty a day after being washed).

When I went into the dealership, it was all Fuji, OG & Black, nothing else.

I have seen two types of blue and they are not for me. I love the green and sand colours and even though they look divine, they do not grab me as a colour (for me) for three years.

This morning I saw a RED Evoque and nearly had a heart attack! It was SO stunning!

I was with my daughter in the car and her eyes lit up too.

Was it just the brilliant sunshine or does this car really sparkle?

My husband is colour blind, so the red (when I showed him a photo on the internet) looks like grey to him. So for him, no difference - boy, is he missing out!

I will ask my dealership if they have a red to see the true colour in the flesh in a stationery position, rather than speeding past! Laughing

Every time I see an Evoque my heart skips a beat - I have not had that reaction to a car for many years. But the red, wow - proper palpitations!!!

I would appreciate views on this colour - I feel it is amazing but as I have only seen one, for five seconds!

Thanks in advance

Go for it, with the black roof. I pick mine up when I get home.................... can't wait.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
25-05-2012 10:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gartly gav

Reading all these posts sounds like your all talking about squirrels, red or grey comments flying about....

Pure Tech 5 door TD4 in Orkney grey, ebony interior, privacy glass, fog lights, xenon lights.
Collection 24th July...
26-05-2012 07:53am
WorldTraveler

The Red ROCKS !!! Very Happy

(25-05-2012 12:03pm)leeselee Wrote:  Now here's the thing, I started off thinking I would go for Fuji as I thought white was such a stand out colour.

I was then put off white by the fact that all I could see were white cars (not just Evoques) and the fact that a friend said I would have a car that looked like 'the Only Way Is Essex'.

I still think white is gorgeous, but then I saw the OG.......

I do love it and my husband has just got his Mercedes E class in a grey and I love it. I have previously owned silver and black (no more black cars - they always look dirty a day after being washed).

When I went into the dealership, it was all Fuji, OG & Black, nothing else.

I have seen two types of blue and they are not for me. I love the green and sand colours and even though they look divine, they do not grab me as a colour (for me) for three years.

This morning I saw a RED Evoque and nearly had a heart attack! It was SO stunning!

I was with my daughter in the car and her eyes lit up too.

Was it just the brilliant sunshine or does this car really sparkle?

My husband is colour blind, so the red (when I showed him a photo on the internet) looks like grey to him. So for him, no difference - boy, is he missing out!

I will ask my dealership if they have a red to see the true colour in the flesh in a stationery position, rather than speeding past! Laughing

Every time I see an Evoque my heart skips a beat - I have not had that reaction to a car for many years. But the red, wow - proper palpitations!!!

I would appreciate views on this colour - I feel it is amazing but as I have only seen one, for five seconds!

Thanks in advance

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
28-05-2012 10:44am
leeselee

(25-05-2012 05:19pm)Michelle Wrote:  Your reaction to the red Evoque was so strong that you have to have it IMO. If you don't you'll always regret it when you see one. I think the white roof is more feminine than the black one with the firenze.
Like you, my heart always skips a beat when I see an Evoque. My husband fears a bit for my current car when i see an Evoque while driving as I can't keep my eyes of the Evoque passing by.

with you 100% there!

I see an Evoque and say 'hello car' which for some reason makes my daughter roll her eyes! Rolling Eyes

My dealer does not have a Firenze to let me see it.

I think I may go for it - I don't know about the contrast roof though - might be a flash step too far for me.
29-05-2012 01:37pm
WorldTraveler

(29-05-2012 01:37pm)leeselee Wrote:  with you 100% there!

I see an Evoque and say 'hello car' which for some reason makes my daughter roll her eyes! Rolling Eyes

My dealer does not have a Firenze to let me see it.

I think I may go for it - I don't know about the contrast roof though - might be a flash step too far for me.

I have the Firenze with Pano Roof, the Black on Red looks awsome, is a sight to behold and well worth the extra money, and with the summer sun out ... a certain sparcle in the paint ... makes me glad I ditched the "Storm Trooper" look I originally ordered Smile

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
29-05-2012 03:53pm
mark_n

(29-05-2012 01:37pm)leeselee Wrote:  I think I may go for it - I don't know about the contrast roof though - might be a flash step too far for me.

I hope you do. I think the white roof is an acquired taste but the black roof looks great, everything black above the waistline. Some say the roof should be left body coloured to create the idea of a floating roof but I like the black.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-05-2012 08:41pm