Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There's a freaking scratch in my car!
bangsters

There's a freaking scratch in my car!

So upset. Been very careful where I park. Yesterday I just noticed there is a scratch in the drivers side rear just above the wheel well. If I rub my finger on it I can feel the scratch.

I does not look like it was from a door hit from another car as the scratch is not a straight one. Could be from a pushcart.

Damn other people should be careful of others' belongings.

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
18-03-2015 05:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

RE: There's a freaking scratch in my car!

(18-03-2015 05:01pm)bangsters Wrote:  So upset. Been very careful where I park. Yesterday I just noticed there is a scratch in the drivers side rear just above the wheel well. If I rub my finger on it I can feel the scratch.

I does not look like it was from a door hit from another car as the scratch is not a straight one. Could be from a pushcart.

Damn other people should be careful of others' belongings.

Bummer, sorry for you...I hate that and it seems no matter how far away I park in a lot, there can be 10 open spaces around me and someone always has to park right next to me! Must be that humans have a "pack" mentality or something! Hopefully a light buff will reduce the appearance?

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
18-03-2015 05:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

(18-03-2015 05:23pm)HotLap Wrote:  Bummer, sorry for you...I hate that and it seems no matter how far away I park in a lot, there can be 10 open spaces around me and someone always has to park right next to me! Must be that humans have a "pack" mentality or something! Hopefully a light buff will reduce the appearance?

Thanks. Will see if I can use my touchup paint.

18-03-2015 06:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Before using touch-up try T Cut on it and then good quality wax, often T cut gently rubbed in will take out scratches. I feel for you - the very first day I had my first FFRR L322 I parked in the a supermarket car park and came back to find all down the passenger side a scratch from a carelessly handled shopping trolley

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-03-2015 08:15pm
PhilSkill

Feel for you, drives me crazy peoples carelessness, If it's not gone through the clear-coat to the colour then a polish by hand or better machine can usually remove it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-03-2015 10:40pm
bangsters

gonna try to rub it first as suggested. thanks guys. it's not too deep but you can feel the scratch with your fingers, and it's more of a wide one.

18-03-2015 10:57pm
RacingSnake

(18-03-2015 05:23pm)HotLap Wrote:  there can be 10 open spaces around me and someone always has to park right next to me!
This, I think is one of the most annoying things ever....

My wife (bless her) doesn't like driving the evoque as I always insist we park miles away to avoid scrapes and dents.

So far, it's largely paid off.
I've had 2 small dents one of which was my frickin neighbours (who we don't get on with, so I think they did it on purpose), and one (actually quite serious) anonymous scrape on the front bumper, right down to the plastic Sad

I've had the dents pulled out and the bumper corner resprayed, so the car is minty-mint.

Anyway, I digress... OP, hope you get it sorted with minimal pain!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-03-2015 12:34pm
DVFlyer

Feel for you. Hasn't happened to our Evo, but my wife parked our Sienna at a shopping mall and a lady lost control of her cart and it crashed into our van. Security footage showed the whole thing (told to us by security- they would not let us view the video, though).

[Image: Van%20damage%202012_zpsy6z1c4fk.jpg]

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
19-03-2015 02:53pm
RacingSnake

Blimey!!! I know you guys across the pond like to super-size things, but that Cart must have been the size of a truck! Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-03-2015 03:56pm
DVFlyer

Very Happy. I wouldn't have believed it was a cart either except for the security footage and my wife took a pic with a cart lined up with the dent.

Doesn't help that the metal on that part of the van must be made of tissue paper. Luckily, we were able to push it out from the inside. Still wrinkled, but significantly better.

Oh and the wonderful lady who lost control of her cart, unloaded her items into her car and drove off as quickly as she could before anyone discovered what she did. Rolling EyesEvil

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2015 04:15pm by DVFlyer.)
19-03-2015 04:13pm