Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There's a freaking scratch in my car!
bangsters

RE: There's a freaking scratch in my car!

damn that sure is a lot worse than my scratch

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
19-03-2015 05:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markdartj

I too feel your pain. My 14 pure premium was sideswiped in a parking lot. Dented the right rear quarter panel. Fortunately, somebody saw it happen and left a note. The Police found the perp parked elsewhere in the parking lot. Of course the person was uninsured (why they can't tie that requirement to licensing either the car or the driver, I don't know). Fixed now, can't even tell the difference (the body shop replaced the aluminum panel, rather than try to bend it out). Still, I was out $100.00 deductible. Can't really complain now. Perp is due in court next month.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
20-03-2015 12:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

Woohoo!!! It was a bit warmer today, so I grabbed some rubbing compound, and was able to get the scratch off. Looks good as new Smile

Only concern is did it remove the clear coat and will that be a concern down the road?

01-04-2015 05:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IvorRedOne

(18-03-2015 05:01pm)bangsters Wrote:  Damn other people should be careful of others' belongings.

I quite agree. Too many SOB's out there who don't give a damn about other peoples property.

Just last week I parked my car in a Private Hospital car park and on my return found a dent in my door.
Thankfully, my daughter was in the car at the time when a Female Doctor from the hospital parked her mini next to mine, opened her door and let the wind rip it open and smash into my door.

My daughter got out and the pair of them looked to see if any damage had occurred but due to the dirt on the car
couldn't see anything. I returned and immediately seen the damage. Not only was there a dent but a 6 inch crease in the door.

I looked around for the owner and even checked at the hospital to see if the owner was around. Left a note on her window with my details.

I took some photos and reported it to my insurance company explaining what happened. They are now claiming against the womans insurance for £1100 worth of damage. The car was repaired inside 4 days. Three panels had to be resprayed along with the dent and crease being removed.

Doctors husband (Doctor himself) said "Sure! It's only a dent. I don't go chasing after everyone who dents or marks his vehicle" Well mate, if that's your standard of care remind me not to go to you for any diagnosis or treatment.

Imagine driving away not knowing about the damage and then polishing your car and finding this type of damage. You would be going mental.

[Image: w338bys2up2imdhzg.jpg]

[Image: bc5a27kizl87028zg.jpg]
04-04-2015 04:42pm
bangsters

The doctor sure did not care. That sux.

06-04-2015 04:56pm
HotLap

WOW, that must have been a big "a__ed" cart loaded with barbells or something...I would be seriously pissed at that and the fact she ran away so as not to have to own up to her actions...I bet she's be so pissed and indigent if someone did that to her ride...sorry about that for you!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
10-04-2015 09:50pm
bee

where can I buy sicillian yellow touch up paint. it appears landrover have never produced any, they just built a few evoques
in this colour ?

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
04-06-2018 09:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Surprised it isn’t available at all because some of the SE cars were Scillian Yellow body with a black roof and the rest were black with the yellow roof (which was much more popular than yellow/black!) Is there no paint code for it on the VIN plate under the bonnet slam then you can look online for the RAL number.

Found it! http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-u...er-evoque/ Scroll down to Scillian Yellow 954 FAW LRC954 - looks like you can get touchup paintkits from them too BUT they are based in the southern USA so I don’t know if they can ship to the UK but worth a try.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2018 09:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-06-2018 09:28pm
bee

(05-06-2018 09:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Surprised it isn’t available at all because some of the SE cars were Scillian Yellow body with a black roof and the rest were black with the yellow roof (which was much more popular than yellow/black!) Is there no paint code for it on the VIN plate under the bonnet slam then you can look online for the RAL number.

Found it! http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-u...er-evoque/ Scroll down to Scillian Yellow 954 FAW LRC954 - looks like you can get touchup paintkits from them too BUT they are based in the southern USA so I don’t know if they can ship to the UK but worth a try.

Thanks full fat I’m also surprised. I tried main dealer and its on back order they not sure when it will bee available. At least i know the code now. There’s no code on the viv plate just the colour name.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
05-06-2018 10:07pm
bee

(05-06-2018 09:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Surprised it isn’t available at all because some of the SE cars were Scillian Yellow body with a black roof and the rest were black with the yellow roof (which was much more popular than yellow/black!) Is there no paint code for it on the VIN plate under the bonnet slam then you can look online for the RAL number.

success, I got fixed up locally from paint4u, so very pleased now. thanks.Very Happy

07-06-2018 04:59pm