Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The maiden voyage!
Lookers Park Royal

RE: The maiden voyage!

Tim, stats sound good for a 'yet to be' run in engine.

Could you turn around and come back 452 miles as I still have your keys in my pocket! Good old keyless start..........

Just kidding all!

James Smile
10-09-2011 06:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

OMG, nearly as much attention in here as there was from phone cameras in passing cars! Even a Lambo owner on the M40 slowed down long enough to wind down his window at 70 to ask me what I thought f the car this morning!

Right:

Mine is 2.2 SD, it doesn't have a spare tyre (unlike it's owner!) , the Dynamic Plus seats are truly comfortable on a long trip, doubtless I still have a few micro adjustments to refine it but I got out of it with no aches or pains in my legs, only my shoulders (more later), the car is as comfortable on a long run as a Range Rover should be. Tyre noise is always there, especially running 20" wheels and tyres but there was no pattering or thumping on the elevated section of the M6 round Brum. Mine has come with Craptinental Cross Contacts and I would be very interested to see if it would run more quietly on Pirelli or Michelin tyres. The noise isn't loud or anything like that but it is there all the time and really shouldn't be, on the lovely new section of the M74 the car was almost totally silent. Unlike the FFRR the Evoque isn't at all disturbed by cross winds or drafts from big trucks and coaches, very impressed.
Now drive comfort - straight into the top of the 2013 factory changes will have to be arm rests. I have a problem with my right shoulder from when I fractured the ball joint and the gap between the drivers seat and the door casing is quite wide, I ended up sat at an odd angle across the seat to get my right elbow comfortable on the door capping, the door pull is too low for me too. On the left side it's the same, the cubby box is too low and too far back for comfort after having cars with a left arm rest I found at one stage I was driving with one hand, which is something I haven't done in years and don't need to in my Defender, so LR a bit of a rethink on the arm rests please. After nearly 9 hours sat in the car my shoulders and elbows were somewhat sore. The drivers door casing is also rather high due to the lovely lines of the car which doesn't help. Otherwise it is supremely comfortable. The suspension is quite amazing for a car not riding on airsprings too. I ran for over an hour with the dynamic button pressed, I didn't really notice much difference to the springing until I drove over a corrugated stretch of road and the car became quite bouncy.

The tech stuff for the last legs home:
Teebay to Abbington Service on the M74

Trip distance 93 miles
Average Speed 67mph
Average Fuel 37mpg

Arriving at Abington Services I had, according to the trip computer a range in the tank of 40 miles more than the distance remaining to run, in theory enough fuel but with 1/4 tank I refuelled with what is the most expensive diesel I have ever bought - 147.9ppl eeeeek,
it was good though to get change from £70 when putting 3/4 of a tank full of fuel in, Im used to £120 to fill up the tank!

From Abington Services to home
Distance 70 miles
Average speed 63mph - the last 16 miles from Stirling to home is on fast A roads with a 60mph limit
Average MPG 40.2.
At one stage on this leg coming down from Beattock to Hamilton the average mpg got up to 47mpg.

The car still looks good and clean despite some really heavy rain over Shap and Beattock and a lot of spray on the roads. I'm impressed that there are no streaks at all up the bonnet above the Range Rover lettering which the RRS's and the FFRR's all suffered from after a long trip in the wet. I had Gard-x paint protection applied by James's team and it looks like it could have been a good investment!.
Here it is after a 437 mile drive, 3/4 of the length of the UK
[Image: file-16.jpg]

[Image: file-15.jpg]

[Image: file-14.jpg]

[Image: file-13.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 09:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-09-2011 07:49pm
cutter7

Tim,
How do i get the baby RR.com sticker?

10-09-2011 08:10pm
Urban Splash

Nice......sticker that is......

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
10-09-2011 08:15pm
XFullFatTim

Sticker can be obtained from THE BOSS at his online store - here are the instructions for finding the forum shop
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Site-stic...0#pid10200

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2011 08:23pm
cutter7

(10-09-2011 08:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sticker can be obtained from THE BOSS at his online store - here are the instructions for finding the forum shop
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Site-stic...0#pid10200
Thanx Tim x..

10-09-2011 08:25pm
XFullFatTim

Also here is one of the nice little extras we didn't know about............
You've heard of Follow Me Home head lights? Well Evoque is the first Land Rover I have owned with follow me home reversing lights too! So if you have to back up your drive you can still have the path illuminated for a couple of minutes until you get to your front door

10-09-2011 08:26pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

(10-09-2011 08:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also here is one of the nice little extras we didn't know about............
You've heard of Follow Me Home head lights? Well Evoque is the first Land Rover I have owned with follow me home reversing lights too! So if you have to back up your drive you can still have the path illuminated for a couple of minutes until you get to your front door

MY2011 RRs does that Wink

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
10-09-2011 08:28pm
ytshome

That was really great Tim. I'm pleased it brought you home safely. You deserve to put your feet up now, get someone to massage your aching limbs and have a dram or two of Scotland finest.

When you post again, I'd be really interested to know if you think its okay performance / driveability wise.

Thanks again for all of your enthusiasm and tireless posting. Steve

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-09-2011 08:28pm
kevoque

Hi Tim
So was your journey worth it? anything you would change ? Or wish you had opted for since now driving it a fair journey?
Cheers Kev
10-09-2011 08:34pm