Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!
LDT

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Did you get what you paid for?

(22-12-2011 09:23pm)ytshome Wrote:  I have already PM'd Nick with all of the info and suggested that the thread needed reading but Im afraid as it stands the official side are only answering the questions that they had hoped we'd asked, rather than the ones we did.

I think you are spot on there.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
23-12-2011 10:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(23-12-2011 06:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi ytshome

I'm now convinced we have the wrong mats just it's being misunderstood by dealers etc so depending what resolution I get on 29th, If it's a fob off, I'm going to compile every bit of info and send it to customer services.

It seems so petty, but I like things to be right, and at least the sales girl realised I wasn't being awkward it's just we agreed everyone's confused what should have been the right options.

The sales girl was good, and I believe she will sort it out, she was quite funny as when the Sales Manager walked past she said "Please feel free to correct me if the Dynamic comes with mats as standard Mr Sales Manager!", he rather sheepishly said "I thought it did, what options are there?" and ran away! really he should have just said I'll get you a set of mats and exchange yours and made the whole situation go away there and then! Now If they do decide I'm right (Which I am of course Laughing ) I have a 100mile round trip for a third time to pickup some mats!

I'm sure they could ship them to you - that 100 mile round trip each time is probably costing you half the mat upgrade in fuel!
23-12-2011 11:56pm
ytshome

(23-12-2011 10:08pm)gomark Wrote:  I ordered the premium mats for £69 extra. On collection tris option was removed as I was told that the mats were now standard on the Lux Pack now. Glad the cost was deducted, but they certainly aren't premium mats. Look thinner than I would expect on a standard mat.

This gets more and more interesting. The upgraded mats appear on NO LR literature concerning being included in the lux pack and let's face it that's because they arent. If it were they would put it in black and white and it would show that the pack was worth more to Dynamic owners than Prestige owners who have them as standard apparently.

No, I suspect that this mess is being transmitted to some of the dealers out there and the decent ones who know that they are supplying the identical mats in both prestige and dynamic models are attempting to distance themselves from the con, by not being party to it. I've seen the standard carpet mats with edging that are on sale in the dynamic and they are what I've been given.The only premium mats that LR have on sale are the ones in their brochures with a much deeper pile and metal corner.

The way they have behaved so far,you would be forgiven for thinking that these are expensive items. So any of you out there who have specified premium mat upgrade, ask them to show you the difference before you part with your money.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 12:26am by ytshome.)
24-12-2011 12:22am
DaveR

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!

My Prestige is definatley not fitted other these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-Ev...27c092cf7b
24-12-2011 09:50am
stevehill

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!

(24-12-2011 09:50am)DaveR Wrote:  My Prestige is definatley not fitted other these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-Ev...27c092cf7b

Dave are these the mats I should have in my Prestige
If so visit to the dealers me think's
24-12-2011 02:09pm
ytshome

(24-12-2011 02:09pm)stevehill Wrote:  Dave are these the mats I should have in my Prestige
If so visit to the dealers me think's

Hi Steve, All we know for sure is that we've been trying to get to the bottom of this for more than a month now and that Pretsige owners should have Premium mats fitted as standard. The only Premium mats that LR have are the ones you'e seen and are much higher quality. It might be worth reading the whole thread if you have time to see how this has developed, rather than me trying to reiterate it.

I take it from what you say, that you have the cheap thin throw in mats like me?

24-12-2011 04:20pm
cjfp

Not sure if this helps, but I attach the accessories price list as per previous on this forum, and it shows three 'levels' of mats with the codes that the LR people seem to recognise.
(Obv a couple of the prices seem wrong @ £15!)

Attached File(s)
.pdf  EvoqueAccessories Prices.pdf (Size: 50.78 KB / Downloads: 56)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 09:31am by cjfp.)
28-12-2011 09:30am
ytshome

Hi, for those of you who haven't lost the will to live on the car mat saga, I've just had an email from Nick (LR) who has confirmed that she's read the thread and will now make her own enquiries (the dealer having previously confirmed that we were given the correct mats) Hope that she's able to make sense of it.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 05:30pm by ytshome.)
03-01-2012 05:30pm
WB
WB

(03-01-2012 05:30pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi, for those of you who haven't lost the will to live on the car mat saga, I've just had an email from Nick (LR) who has confirmed that she's read the thread and will now make her own enquiries (the dealer having previously confirmed that we were given the correct mats) Hope that she's able to make sense of it.

If I was a betting man I'd put a LOT of money on you not getting a definitive answer and I REALLY hope to be proven wrong...
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 06:01pm by WB.)
03-01-2012 06:00pm
KPNuts

When we picked our Prestige up, I checked the mats in ours and another prestige and mats in two dynamic's. The mats as standard are cheap carpet mats with short pile, stitched edging, and metal Evoque badge. They looked like £20 mats at best. Then looked at those in the dynamic. They were different. Very, very short pile but otherwise the same as in the prestige - if you paid £10 for them you would feel cheated.

The mats certainly are a con if paying extra for them. For anyone ordering now I would recommend just take the mats that come as standard with your trim level and then go to an aftermarket supplier once you have the vehicle. I feel inclined to get some decent mats and to pull the Evoque badging off the standard mats to stick on the aftermaket ones.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
03-01-2012 06:53pm