Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!
lesdon499

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!

Hi Folks

First post and expecting delivery of my Dynamic in 55 days Smile Keenly following these threads and found the following in Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-RAN...35b6201a6f

Taiwan based retailer with 32 feedbacks offering what looks like substantial mats at a hefty £128, meanwhile the quest for a set of rubber mats continues. Has anyone seen rubbers that fit the bill?

cheers

Les

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
05-01-2012 02:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!

(05-01-2012 02:25pm)lesdon499 Wrote:  Taiwan based retailer with 32 feedbacks offering what looks like substantial mats at a hefty £128, meanwhile the quest for a set of rubber mats continues. Has anyone seen rubbers that fit the bill?

Who's Bill?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
05-01-2012 02:27pm
mywillia

Info for all concerned.
It looks like there are two mat types as standard and two mat types as accessories
All colour Combo's and LHD/RHD listed below
  • Part Number Part description
  • LR024379 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST-ESPRESSO/ALMOND, FRONT FLOOR CARPET MATS
  • LR024380 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, FRONT FLOOR CARPET MATS, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - CIRRUS/LUNAR, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - LUNAR
  • LR024381 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - EBONY BLACK, FRONT FLOOR CARPET MATS
  • LR024390 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - EBONY BLACK, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED
  • LR024391 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - ESPRESSO/IVORY, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED, TAN
  • LR024392 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - ESPRESSO/IVORY, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED, IVORY
  • LR024393 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - CIRRUS/LUNAR, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED
  • LR024394 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, RHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST-DARKCHERRY/IVORY, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED
  • VPLVS0094AAM KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, ESPRESSO, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, CARPET, RHD
  • VPLVS0094LAA KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, LUNAR, CARPET, RHD
  • VPLVS0094PVJ KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, EBONY BLACK, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, CARPET, RHD
  • VPLVS0123PVJ KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, RUBBER, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, RHD
  • LR024382 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - EBONY BLACK, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED
  • LR024383 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - ESPRESSO/IVORY, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED, TAN
  • LR024384 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - ESPRESSO/IVORY, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED, IVORY
  • LR024385 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - CIRRUS/LUNAR, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED
  • LR024386 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST-DARKCHERRY/IVORY, FRONT FLOOR MATS - LEATHER EDGED
  • LR024387 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST-ESPRESSO/ALMOND, FRONT FLOOR CARPET MATS
  • LR024388 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, FRONT FLOOR CARPET MATS, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - CIRRUS/LUNAR, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - LUNAR
  • LR024389 KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 PIECES, LHD, I/P FACIA CONTRAST - EBONY BLACK, FRONT FLOOR CARPET MATS
  • VPLVS0095AAM KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, ESPRESSO, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, CARPET, LHD
  • VPLVS0095LAA KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, LUNAR, CARPET, LHD
  • VPLVS0095PVJ KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, EBONY BLACK, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, CARPET, LHD
  • VPLVS0124PVJ KIT - FLOOR CONTOUR MAT, RUBBER, SET OF 4 MATS, FRONT AND REAR, LHD

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
05-01-2012 03:27pm
PhilSkill

Firenze, Dont upgrade your mats... The Dynamic standard ones are fine if a little thin, and thats probably what you'll get even if you pay the extra!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-01-2012 03:44pm
ytshome

(05-01-2012 03:44pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Firenze, Dont upgrade your mats... The Dynamic standard ones are fine if a little thin, and thats probably what you'll get even if you pay the extra!

That's probably because the current standard Dynamic mats used to be the standard Pure mats before they changed their spec.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
05-01-2012 09:45pm
ytshome

Apparently there has been some sort of problem with Nick's (LR) forum PM's so she has kindly contacted me via email and asked me to send pictures of my mats to the LR branding team, so that they could see if I had the right mats. The below is my reply to Nick. Hope this updates everyone!

"Hi Nick, thanks for coming back to me.

I could do this but frankly what I and a good many others really want is for LR to show us the difference between the Dynamic mat and the "Premium" mats fitted in the Prestige models. As it stands people are paying to upgrade from the Dynamic mats and the upgrade looks the same as the cheaper one. The local dealers standard mats in a Dynamic looked very similar to mine, which are supposed to be the premium mats. Im concerned that I take a photograph, send it to the brand team and they say that they are right, rather than explaining the situation properly.

Then to make things even more confusing LR have a mat called "Premium" mat which they show in their literature but what they don't show is the mat that is standard in the Dynamic and then the one in the Prestige. It's also not gone unnoticed that LR used to spec the PURE model with a standard mat and then changed the specification and some of us are curious whether we've actually been downgraded and then the Premium mat, which was meant for the Prestige was made a dealer option.

Having read the thread Im sure you'll remember that at least one dealer refused to take the upgraded cost of the "Premium" mats and simply stated that they were now included in the Lux pack. Many of us think that this is because it is very hard indeed to justify an £80.00 upgrade, especially when neither mat are pictured or described in any detail. Just for the record the mats that were supplied to me were titled "throw in mat", not Premium.

Im sure you know that the buyer of the bottom spec Pure car can specify upgraded mats to the Dynamic mat for £105.00 (The thinnest). Then the Dynamic owner can upgrade to Prestige Premium mat for an additional £80.00 on top of the standard mat (marginally thicher) and yet the Pure owner can byepass all of this and have the one that LR show as Premium mat on your site for £140.00 . This makes a mockery of buying the most luxurious model only to find it comes with mats that you can see from owners feedback on the forum as very low rent.

I think that the branding team should show the three different mats and at least explain to us Prestige owners (and those who have upgraded), why the ones called Premium mats aren't included even though it says they should be. It would also be useful for them to tell us which mat was originally specified for the Pure model before it was later discontinued.

If it turns out that we LR say that we have been given the correct mats then I genuinely think these matters need addressing to stop people being very disappointed. LR have three grades of car mat currently and only one is called Premium. That mat is a much more luxurious mat and undoubtedly is the one that buyers believed they were getting and I suspect the one we were originally destined to receive until the Pure model had the standard mats deleted.

I'll update the thread to keep people in the loop.

Kind regards Steve "

09-01-2012 10:15pm
The Valeter

Looking at the PDF file a few posts back I see the rubber mats & boot liner are twice the price of a Freelander set.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
09-01-2012 11:20pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

After explaining the whole situation to my dealer in an e-mail and asking for a refund or offering to keep the existing mats and have a boot liner instead, the dealer has agreed to provide a boot liner at no cost. I'm happy with that, but it doesn't answer the situation as to what actually happened with the mat upgrade, so it will still be very interesting yts as to what the outcome is.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-01-2012 12:32am
ytshome

I'll keep you posted Phil. It would be interesting to know what part number the Pure car mats were, before they were deleted and made an option. I'd guess they are now the standard Dynamic.

10-01-2012 09:35pm
alibeau

Not sure if this helps at all but I collected my Dynamic today. I did not upgrade the mats. The ones included are pretty thin with a silver metal oblong 'evoque' logo.

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 09:51pm by alibeau.)
10-01-2012 09:49pm