Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???

Apart from cancelled orders you can reduce the wait by taking a showroom car, most dealers have 3 of them on the floor and at least one registered demo car. Discounts.......................... rarer than rocking horse do-do! You could try forum sponsors Prestige Autos though and see what they can do, but it's more likely to be at a premium than a discount.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 02:59pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-03-2012 02:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(14-03-2012 02:02pm)leeselee Wrote:  Discounts - that is another thing.

I have NEVER bought ANYTHING and not got stuff thrown in and/or a discount - for me, it is a long and expensive wait......

Neither have I - - - Until now!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-03-2012 03:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CSJ

If having to wait (and it could be even longer than 6 months as you won't have a build date), and getting no discount are going to leave a sour taste in your mouth then you should not buy the car!

The reality at the moment is they can sell more cars than they can build, forget discounts, and imagine how you will feel if it takes 9 months, that's still a possibility!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 03:31pm by CSJ.)
14-03-2012 03:30pm
invoke

My sincere advise- get something else, the wait is not worth it. I've this car for the last 4 months and the bottom is mostly rusted, the muffler looks like one from 70s car, close enough to develop holes in next few months.

The car is nicely designed, quality is horrible. Not to mention the car has been gone for repair a few times for several electronics related problems ( the repair also include several hundred miles added on the odometer).

Lastly the designated Stealers (dealers) are disgustingly ugly in behavior.

Good luck !

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
14-03-2012 04:05pm
LDT

I too had a CLK which I loved and was ultra reliable. Now have the RRE and am very pleased I decided to join the queue.

As above, you may get a LR experience voucher, perhaps a full tank of fuel, maybe an umbrella!

If your primary reason is you want to be seen in the latest thing, why not wait until the next "accessory" comes along?!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
14-03-2012 05:27pm
leeselee

(14-03-2012 02:07pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Bye Bye Then!! This car is not for you!

Wow! Is that my first flame??Shocked
14-03-2012 05:39pm
colski1961

discounts, er no, you might get a few 'freebies' thrown in - rear mat, carpet mats and mudflaps if you ask nicely at the time of order (plus a LR Teddy at hand-over).

However, from one who has had a few premium brands (with small waits AND discounts) it is worth it. Had ours since the start of the month, done 1000 miles now and I can say that it is worth the wait (although we only had to wait 5 months - ordered in Oct 2011).

I have had Range Rovers in the past (RRS V8 HSE in 2008 was the last) and vowed never to buy again BUT the experience to date this time around has been a lot sweeter.

Stick with it, it's worth it Smile (my view anyway)

2012 62 Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Black (eveyday use)
2012 61 Porsche Cayman R PDK - Peridot Very Happy (for weekend joy)
2011 Landlegend Compact Tractor (for doing tractory types of things)

Gone :
2012 (1st March) Evoque S4D Lux pack - Firenze Red & Verve interior - traded Nov 12 - sorry folks Sad
14-03-2012 05:56pm
leeselee

(14-03-2012 03:30pm)CSJ Wrote:  If having to wait (and it could be even longer than 6 months as you won't have a build date), and getting no discount are going to leave a sour taste in your mouth then you should not buy the car!

The reality at the moment is they can sell more cars than they can build, forget discounts, and imagine how you will feel if it takes 9 months, that's still a possibility!
Maybe now they are taking on more staff and building more cars there might not be 9 month wait...... Here's hoping. My husband is keen for me to get one. He put down the deposit!
14-03-2012 05:57pm
Michelle

Same over here, minimum 6 months. I finish paying my Honda in september so the timing is fine. I neither have ever waited for anything that long apart from my 2 girls. Just imagine the joy when we go and pick it up in october. (I haven't got a date yet).

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
14-03-2012 05:59pm
THEMACS

(14-03-2012 05:39pm)leeselee Wrote:  Wow! Is that my first flame??Shocked

Rolling with Laughter

Sorry!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
14-03-2012 06:10pm