Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???
leeselee

The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???

I am currently driving a Mercedes, which quite frankly, I will be happy to say goodbye to.

I live in London and have spoken to every LR dealer that I could find.

Each one said the same thing - give us a deposit and get on the list.......then wait SIX MONTHS!

The only thing I have ever waited for this long was the birth of my child!

I switched from 4x4s to sporty coupes 5 years ago and the Evoque is the first car that has made me want to change back.

Being a typical Londoner, I want everything NOW. I even shout at the microwave to hurry up.....

I have only seen two 12 plates and only a handful of 11 plates.

I have read on various forum posts where people have been lucky enough to get their cars earlier - is this a reality or am I more likely to get a Euromillions win???

I am seriously wondering whether it is worth me waiting until September to get this car or just walk away.

I would only consider a new car, not even keen on a demonstrator.

Is it just London (and the surrounding areas) that is suffering with this shortage? Is there a possibility of getting a car sooner than 6 months?

I am interested in the Pure 5 door auto tech.

I suppose the never ending wait list gives me a chance to constantly change my colour options......Crying
14-03-2012 01:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???

Welcome to the forum.

I like to think I was one of the first to order (April 11) and had to wait unitl the end of Jan 12 to get my car; yes some of it my own fault as I wanted a TD4, but I am not alone - look at the signatures at the bottom of our regular contrubutors.

After my nearly 300 day wait I can hand on heart say it was worth it. It depends on whether you WANT the car (as I believe many on this forum do) or whether you just want to be seen in the latest thing? Only you can answer that questionQuestionQuestion

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
14-03-2012 01:47pm
RacingSnake

TBH, if you are desperate... there are loads out on the used market now.
Granted you're not going to get much of a discount, but it'll get you the car now.

Edit, okay, just seen you don't want used.

Then join the queue fella Very Happy 7 months for me Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 01:58pm by RacingSnake.)
14-03-2012 01:58pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leeselee

(14-03-2012 01:58pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  TBH, if you are desperate... there are loads out on the used market now.
Granted you're not going to get much of a discount, but it'll get you the car now.

Edit, okay, just seen you don't want used.

Then join the queue fella Very Happy 7 months for me Smile

Discounts - that is another thing.

I have NEVER bought ANYTHING and not got stuff thrown in and/or a discount - for me, it is a long and expensive wait......
14-03-2012 02:02pm
RacingSnake

You might get stuff thrown in (not much), but I believe the dealers are still not discounting Sad
And yep... long and expensive it is, but for me at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
14-03-2012 02:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(14-03-2012 02:02pm)leeselee Wrote:  Discounts - that is another thing.

I have NEVER bought ANYTHING and not got stuff thrown in and/or a discount - for me, it is a long and expensive wait......

Bye Bye Then!! This car is not for you!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
14-03-2012 02:07pm
Kimv

(14-03-2012 02:07pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Bye Bye Then!! This car is not for you!

+1

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
14-03-2012 02:09pm
leveller

You'll get a LR experience voucher thrown in ...

Wink

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
14-03-2012 02:11pm
Cedric

I think the only way you'll get your car now is to phone every dealer in the country saying you're willing to take a cancellation and pay a premium instead of getting a discount. Else, get in line, there are only 50.000 or so customers in front of you Smile
14-03-2012 02:33pm
johnboy

(14-03-2012 01:35pm)leeselee Wrote:  

I am currently driving a Mercedes, which quite frankly, I will be happy to say goodbye to.

I live in London and have spoken to every LR dealer that I could find.

Each one said the same thing - give us a deposit and get on the list.......then wait SIX MONTHS!

The only thing I have ever waited for this long was the birth of my child!

I switched from 4x4s to sporty coupes 5 years ago and the Evoque is the first car that has made me want to change back.

Being a typical Londoner, I want everything NOW. I even shout at the microwave to hurry up.....

I have only seen two 12 plates and only a handful of 11 plates.

I have read on various forum posts where people have been lucky enough to get their cars earlier - is this a reality or am I more likely to get a Euromillions win???

I am seriously wondering whether it is worth me waiting until September to get this car or just walk away.

I would only consider a new car, not even keen on a demonstrator.

Is it just London (and the surrounding areas) that is suffering with this shortage? Is there a possibility of getting a car sooner than 6 months?

I am interested in the Pure 5 door auto tech.

I suppose the never ending wait list gives me a chance to constantly change my colour options......Crying
Welcome to the club or should I say queue, yes I drive a Merc CLK and yes I love my car, but once I had seen the Evoque that was it. I joined the waiting list and paid deposit 6th Nov 2011 build date 15th May maybe beginning of June for delivery so 7 months wait for me, but by the sound of everyone on this forum apart from 1 or 2 its worth the wait. So my advice is yes take the plunge and your day will come as I have watched owners on this site get their cars, but knowing one day it will be my turn

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
14-03-2012 02:51pm