Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The first scuff is always the toughest. Hoping I'll get over it...!
MrHooky

The first scuff is always the toughest. Hoping I'll get over it...!

One week old today. First run in to work for me and wife in the Evoque, she gets something out the boot, tries to shut it and get's her watch caught somehow on the boot lid. Thought nothing of it until I inspected and discover a bit of a 'nick' out of the boot skin. Only on the lip where it has turned in on itself where the bootlid meets the bumper so not actually visible from the rear. Really really annoying non the less! Wife doesn't seem so bothered but if she does this each time she goes in the boot it will soon be tatty!

Interesting the boot being made of what feels like plastic. Quite glad in a way as metal might have damaged her watch which itself is worth about 10% of the Evoque's price!

Sure I'll get over it. At least there are no kerbed wheels yet. That's going to be a tough day if it does happen...!

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
26-04-2012 09:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: The first scuff is always the toughest. Hoping I'll get over it...!

(26-04-2012 09:00pm)MrHooky Wrote:  Wife doesn't seem so bothered but if she does this each time she goes in the boot it will soon be tatty!

Stop putting her in the boot and let her sit in the passenger seat then! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 09:05pm by cjfp.)
26-04-2012 09:05pm
PhilSkill

(26-04-2012 09:05pm)cjfp Wrote:  Stop putting her in the boot and let her sit in the passenger seat then! Laughing

That's probably easier than getting in the back of the Coupe though! Laughing

Sorry to hear of your damage though at only a week old Hooky ...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-04-2012 09:14pm
Evo-king

Some of the body panels are plastic, if the hatch is then at least rust will not be a problem, can the paint chip/scratch be remedied with touch up paint/stick?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-04-2012 09:36pm
hammie2k

It's ok I noticed today some car park warrior has back into the front on mine and just f**ked off!

Scuffed the front bumper and the silver part on it as well... To say I was pissed would be an understatement. Looking at 3-500 repair bill to put it right as the very bottom of the bumper has cracked Sad

5 Door SD4 Dynamic Santorini Black, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Style 6 Alloys
Collected: 15th March 2012 Very Happy
26-04-2012 10:18pm
MrHooky

(26-04-2012 10:18pm)hammie2k Wrote:  It's ok I noticed today some car park warrior has back into the front on mine and just f**ked off!

Scuffed the front bumper and the silver part on it as well... To say I was pissed would be an understatement. Looking at 3-500 repair bill to put it right as the very bottom of the bumper has cracked Sad

Sorry to hear that. That would make me furious. Can you not get any footage from the car park you were parked in?
(26-04-2012 09:36pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Some of the body panels are plastic, if the hatch is then at least rust will not be a problem, can the paint chip/scratch be remedied with touch up paint/stick?

Not really a scratch, more a 'nick' and the plastic/paint has frayed up. Not visible from the outside, if you come down to knee height and look hard enough then you can see where it has 'ruffled' up a bit. Like you say - won't rust so will just live with it. Just a shame it's happened in the honeymoon period!

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 10:28pm by MrHooky.)
26-04-2012 10:25pm
hammie2k

(26-04-2012 10:25pm)MrHooky Wrote:  Sorry to hear that. That would make me furious. Can you not get any footage from the car park you were parked in?

It could have been any number.. I've only noticed it today as I saw the crack in the number plate?

Guess I'll just have to park out of the way from now on but you can't legislate for idiots

5 Door SD4 Dynamic Santorini Black, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Style 6 Alloys
Collected: 15th March 2012 Very Happy
26-04-2012 10:28pm
Mudi1

Or that vicious twerps just want to wreck a nice motor. My present car when new was keyed a whole panel on the third day out.

Just feel better knowing that they will get paid back day.Banging HeadBanging Head
26-04-2012 10:40pm
masmullin

(26-04-2012 10:18pm)hammie2k Wrote:  It's ok I noticed today some car park warrior has back into the front on mine and just f**ked off!

Thats my biggest fear. Some dipshit dings me, or door smacks me and drives away.

Sorry to hear.
28-04-2012 01:48am
Mudi1

Trolley dents next. Some of us don't have the luxury of another car for the supermarket run. So new options will be:
A) Borrow baby car seat (minus child) or gulp! - disabled badge for the wider parking bays.
B) Start having stuff delivered.
C) Go at midnight - less cars, but still loads.
D) ? Need help with this one.....
28-04-2012 06:35am