Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The eagle has landed...
RacingSnake

The eagle has landed...

By Eagle I mean the Evoque, and by landed I mean collected Very Happy

Will get some pictures up a bit later.

Very efficient handover, pretty much an hour of chatting and paper work. Mark asked if we wanted to be shown the controls etc, we politely declined Laughing

Little disappointed we had under half a tank of fuel, when I 'signed up' he said we'd get a full tank of fuel, but apparently they weren't allowed to do that. So first step was to the petrol station to top up the tank with an additional £60 diesel Rolling Eyes

Anyway, we went off straight from the dealership on what turned out to be a 200 mile 'test'! lol
we left the dealers just after 6 and after visiting Sams brother, then my brother, we got home at about half-midnight Very Happy

I must say, the car is awesome!! I know people posted up here don't panic it's worth the wait etc etc, but until you get the car you can't really appreciate it, but I will absolutely echo those comments.

A bit of feedback for the dealer will be a bit of disappointment with the preparation of the car though, which is probably more disappointing because I had already mentioned to the dealer I saw it on the forecourt covered in dirt.
It had been washed, but IMO, not well, the glass was filthy, more annoying was the inside of the windscreen was all smeary with that 'haze' effect you get when you haven't cleaned the inside of glass for a while. It was actually quite distracting, but we didn't let it detract from the car.
I've also noticed we have a blob of yellow paint on one of the spokes of the shadow wheels, most came off with my nail, but still annoying none-the-less.

Anyway, back to the car and a couple of quick observations based on other things said here:
  1. Seat motors, yes they're slow, this needs to be addressed
  2. Reversing Camera - it's almost instantaneous for me?! maybe updated software
  3. Turbo lag - definately evident, something I hadn't noticed on my previous test drives need to get that sorted
  4. ambient lighting - yep, pretty token effort
  5. shadow wheels - am definately keeping them, they look superb!!
  6. DAB reception - a little tempremental, but we did get it working, we had to assign a country code before it would find anything!
  7. Dual screen - very very impressive, though on occasion Sam mentioned she could see some of the sat nav overlay from the passenger side, I assume her seat was too far back.
  8. keyless entry - very good, I was a little sceptical, but works very well - at handover I put the spare in my bag and the bag in the boot, it recognised there was a key in there and refused to shut the tailgate, puzzled us for a while until we figured out what had happened!
  9. Dash dimming - got no issues here, used the dimmer to reduce the brightness last night, turned the radio screen off and it was nice subtle lighting.

Anyway, I have to say, at the moment, there is not one single thing on the spec I would have changed my mind about. People say the ebony roof lining makes the car dark, well, it does but I don't see that as an issue, at night it's useful just having the 'only' light outside the car, and during the day the panoramic roof gives as much light as you need (we noticed we still have the 'sucker' marks on the glass from when it was fitted!!).

Will sort out some photos later as our drive is not the best photo location Very Happy

In essence, seriously chuffed with it, I can see us keeping this for a good while yet Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
14-04-2012 10:12am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTS18

RE: The eagle has landed...

Congratulations, Good to hear you are so pleased with the new car. Nice first write up too.

Look forward to seeing the photos.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
14-04-2012 10:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

The eagle has landed...

Congrats RacingSnake, a pity it wasnt spotlessly clean but I guess that's only a minor problem, look forward to seeing the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 10:24am by caroline11000.)
14-04-2012 10:23am
Mudi1

Yes, congratulations RS, you write about your excitement very well. An excellent touch you mentioned in Cool, very well thought out by whoever invented keyless entry, as twice in 11 years I have shut the boot with the keys in the bag in it. So frustrating, as each occasion I was hours away from home to get the spare! A normal person would have done this only once.

Enjoy your car, I still have a wait for mine, very pleased for you though.

When I read threads of things being a little slow and not as good as other vehicles, I do think we have an all round prince of a car, not a king as the newer top of the range suv vehicles are as they are nearer the 100k, so I would think they need to be more superior.

I will complain if paint finish and door alignment etc are not right though as these should be perfect as no doubt the ones at motor shows are, we should not get less. (not including if dirty at pick up though).
14-04-2012 11:42am
Dimitrios

Congrats! Totally agree with your initial observations. I'll see you on the road at some point I'm sure Smile

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
14-04-2012 11:45am
MartinP

Congratulations Racing, look forward to seeing your pictures.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
14-04-2012 12:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So worth the wait and living up to expectations so far, hope you have many happy miles with it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-04-2012 02:11pm
alibeau

So pleased for you Very Happy

Looking forward to some pics Thumbs Up

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
14-04-2012 06:52pm
RacingSnake

One crappy picture to start Very Happy

Had a bit of an episode this morning, found a long scratch along the seam of the nearside rear wing and onto the rear light cluster.
Popped into the dealership the scratch luckily polished out (as did the yellow mark on the wheel), the light cluster they had to swap out Sad easily done though and I was on may way (with a fill up by means of an apology) within 30 mins Smile

However, I'll be back there again in the morning as whilst showing another friend this afternoon he spotted a scratch/chip on the bonnet. I cannot take responsibility for this as it has been filled in Shocked the scratch also extends across the ''O' of the range rover badge Sad
Pretty annoyed about this one, as although it's only about 10mm long, it's pretty deep and clearly won't polish out. Mad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 08:49pm by RacingSnake.)
14-04-2012 08:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
17-04-2012 08:51pm