Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The budget and the Evoque
cutter7

RE: The budget and the Evoque

(22-03-2012 11:33am)BTS18 Wrote:  If you had bought a 'new' Astra the headline could just as easily read 'only rich can afford NEW cars' it's a no win situation as far as the Guardian is concerned.

People who will envy you the most are the ones who are in need the most of what you posses. For example, your wealthy friend will never envy you if you bought a new average priced car but your friend who has no car is the one who will most likely be jealous of you..

If someone is jealous of you, then know that he is really suffering because of your achievements and that even if you left him without doing anything, he would still pay for it by experiencing such emotions.

22-03-2012 11:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ianpembs

(22-03-2012 10:15am)pureevoque Wrote:  The vehicle costs £28,000-45,000 depending on the size of the engine and the lavishness of the trimmings.

Laughing

Yes and how much of that is Tax £5600 - £9000 depending on the lavishness of trim. Really encouraging UK citizens to by a UK product. Im sure they would be even busier in Halewood if VAT reduced in line with high earners tax.
22-03-2012 01:32pm
Broadsword1959

HM Revenue and Customs are paying for mine.

As I work most of the year away from UK (9-10 months on average) am entitled to recover PAYE Tax paid. I should still qualify after the introduction of Statutory Residency Tests in 2013

2010 - 2011 rebate has arrived and thats paying for my Evoque.

Not the best savings plan (no interest) and the Mrs and kids (20-21) only see you every so often but a new RR Evoque for the Mrs to drive about in will lighten the weight on my shoulders.

Hope to be in UK for 2012 - 2013 to get to drive the car so sacrificing the tax but will be worth it I am sure.

Had to buy British with HMRC refund - just wish the government would too - we do make good products !

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 04:19pm by Broadsword1959.)
22-03-2012 04:13pm
miha.m

Typical "communist" article,... not worth the time reading,...

BR : Miha

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
22-03-2012 04:35pm
ED209

Im paying cash for mine, im not rich by any means, i just like my cars and like to save to pay cash for them. Over the last 15 years I have just upgraded my car every time i change, a combination of building up equity and adding some savings.

This means in the 14 years since I bought my first brand new car i have upgraded from a 1.1 citroen saxo to an evoque, (only a low spec pure though). this has been via a saxo vtr, mini cooper, mgtf, 04 civic type r, 07 civic type r, vw scirocco, snotter mondeo on the way!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
22-03-2012 05:11pm
IKM

At least we can all save money by no longer buying newspapers!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 05:21pm by IKM.)
22-03-2012 05:19pm
Big G

I read the article, didn't get that angry or read that much into it. The Evoque is a raging success and happens to be built in a particularly economically deprived region in the UK.

I can say(hypothetically) that if LR were to open a plant here and advertise 1000+ jobs here in ROI their arms would be bitten off.

Its just a shame that Evoque owners are generalised as a particular social or economic class. Of course we are not, but we inhabit a world of stereotypes. The reality is that statistically new Evoque owners probably do have an above average income, some may not , but the majority I see on this blog give me that 'impression', thats just the way I read it.

As someone once famous said 'Am I bovvered' - no ! I'm going to drive home tonight in my new Evoque safe in the knowledge that all car owning , Guardian readers I drive past tonight, secretly would like what I have. Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 06:02pm by Big G.)
22-03-2012 06:01pm
WB
WB

you've just got to laugh...
22-03-2012 06:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have just heard Ed Siliband on the R4 news giving the most childish and puerile speech today in the House, referring to the Chancellor not giving a Friar Tuck for the consequences of the budget on pensioners. How on earth can he expect us to take him seriously when he and his cohorts behave worse than badly behaved children ?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 06:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-03-2012 06:31pm
cjfp

Blimey, anyone might have thought that those who earn above the national average don't already pay 'more tax', let alone 'proportionallly more tax' to subsidise those on low income / benefits.

Thank god (or whomever) they haven't decided to take away my Child Benefit - I use that very wisely - spend most of it on women and beer ..... the rest I just waste ! ( Laughing )

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-03-2012 06:49pm