Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hooray! The long wait is almost over.
stef.c

It's been a long, long, long time coming but come Tuesday morning I'll be the proud owner of a brand new Range Rover Evoque!

Well chuffed it's here at last to say the least. So excited i could sh#t. It was actually supposed to come this weekend but the transporter came that little bit too late for them to do there final checks etc.

No matter, roll on Tuesday! Taking a day off work especially so I don't have to do handover on Saturday with loads of others around and my screaming kids causing loads of stress.

This is my very first new car. My current is a BMW 1 series which was ex demo. Before that it was a Peugeot 205 B reg about 15 years ago that cost me £750!!

Was initially a little scared of them valeting the car at the dealership before handover as I had a bad experience with this at BMW. They machine polished the car, with me not realising it would cause loads of problems with the paintwork like spider webbing and thinning the lacquer which has made it really susceptible to scratches. However I've been assured that the LR Lewes dealerships valeting guy is really experienced and won't wash it with a Brillo pad.

By the way is there a half decent looking child car seat that will look good in a black interior? Has to be a good brand. And is there a good cover any one can recommend to protect the leather from indentations?

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
23-03-2012 07:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flurberman

Exciting - I hope it goes ok!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
23-03-2012 08:48pm
Michelle

RE: Hooray! The long wait is almost over.

Gosh, i'd be counting the hours!
While waiting for mine i went and bought 2 new car seats yesterday as i can't imagine putting the old ones in my Evoque. I bought ones with shock absorbers on each side.
http://www.autourdebebe.ch/article-bebe/...0984074642
( Britax. I don't know if you get that brand in the UK) here is a photo of seat protections:
http://www.autourdebebe.ch/article-bebe/...9345005608
Have fun on tuesday Very Happy

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 09:00pm by Michelle.)
23-03-2012 08:57pm
slee18

Congrats! yeah my lexus was ruined that way they polished my bumper little too much and rubbed the paint off.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
23-03-2012 09:04pm
MartinP

That's great news Stef. Hope you can get some sleep between now and Tuesday!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
23-03-2012 09:07pm
Evoque U

Congrats Stef, as a proud owner of 2 weeks I can honestly say you will love it

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
23-03-2012 09:30pm
Bodlyfunctions

Like you Stefanie, I collect mine on Tuesday. Only 4 sleeps to go!
I think it's more likely to be 3 sleeps plus one very excitable non-sleepy, yet long, night for me!
23-03-2012 09:36pm
stef.c

(23-03-2012 09:36pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  Like you Stefanie, I collect mine on Tuesday. Only 4 sleeps to go!
I think it's more likely to be 3 sleeps plus one very excitable non-sleepy, yet long, night for me!

Haha. 4 big sleeps to go, I like it! By the way it's Stefano not Stefanie! Strictly of the male persuasion.

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
23-03-2012 09:48pm
THEMACS

Good news, you will love it!

We have Recaro seats that look the business one for each car, plain black for the evoque and grey and pepper for my BMW, both look the dogs danglies![/align]

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
23-03-2012 09:59pm