Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3 Average
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)

iat, there are enough lunatics driving around using plain mobile phones let's not also encourage them to play computer games, check their bank account , surf Facebook, watch TV and all the other things that are highly dangerous to do will driving that mirroring the touchscreen of a mobile phone on the front screen would allow. It's about time that use of any smartphone inside a car is banned - I have nothing against the old fashioned mobile phone that is purely a phone being linked to a handsfree system but I am seriously opposed to anything else being accessed from a smartphone while driving.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-03-2012 03:00pm
Find all posts by this user
olde

Phil, here are some additional items for The List, gleaned from several threads:
1. Low Profile Rear Headrests -- Sell optional headrests for rear seats that are less constricting to rear visibility, and more adjustable, thus safer, for rear passengers. Euro-style Evoque headrests wholesale for $426 and retail for $501 and can only be obtained in Canada if your dealer has US or European connectioins. Ebay sells some that may be an approximate match with the low profile center seat headrest, for around $50, but they are of unconfirmed quality so far.
2. Screen Settings -- the menu for screen settings takes up several nvigation pages, and could fit on a single page.
3. Hairy Threads -- The threads used to stitch the learther gets hairier when wiped, indicating a low quality thread.
4. Rear vent -- the rear air-vent is totally ineffective, it blows too weakly and blows freezing air on cold days. It never blows warm air, unless the underneath of the car is very hot.
5. Demo mode -- An automated display showcase, to help drivers show off to passengers, would also help drivers sell to prospective customers.
6. Grit Gaps -- Reduce or fill grit-gaps in trim between front seats, e.g. around suspension model selector and gear dial.
7. Steer-wheel bottom-grip -- Widen the grip at the bottom of stearing wheel so ladies can hold the stearing wheel without having to splay their fingers appart so much.
8. Full screen notification of destination set obliterates the screen for 5 seconds, causing driver to pause in road at begin of journey, which could endanger.
9. Gear-Dial-Ledge -- Add an optional rubber ledge just along the top edge of the gear-selector trim, to allow a phone to rest there in landscape orientation.
10. LED-pack -- Add the option for an internal and external LED upgrade, including ambient lights, as it makes a huge difference to usability and battery savings for the vehicle.
(24-03-2012 12:32pm)iat Wrote:  Sorry for my english,

No worries, iat, I heard PhilSkill can write software "use cases" in 15-languages. There is also a secret rumour that he is going to get some kind of forum status promotion from our noble Moderators.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 09:38pm by olde.)
24-03-2012 09:33pm
XFullFatTim

Olde, it isn't in the power of the Mods to promote anybody it's Martin who does the promotions not Griff,CJFP or myself

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-03-2012 09:58pm
leveller

Reversing camera is 100% too slow to engage.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
24-03-2012 10:32pm
PhilSkill

(24-03-2012 09:33pm)olde Wrote:  Phil, here are some additional items for The List, gleaned from several threads:

Thanks Olde, will get to updating list when I can soon. It amazing how you pull all that from the threads and note it or remember it! you must be very organized!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-03-2012 11:50pm
olde

(24-03-2012 09:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ... it's Martin who does the promotions ...
Yep, Martin was inferring that he is about to implement some significant site upgrades, some of which will allow you guys to recognize the historical contributions of some of our most helpful members ... like PhilSkill ... by promoting his titular status to something like Pious Poohbah or Grand Guru or ... OK, I made that last bit up, but otherwise this information is reasonably accurate. Smile

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
25-03-2012 05:41am
XFullFatTim

Back to topic.................... we need to have auto resetting of Daylight Saving Time and time zones through DAB and Satnav. I had this on on the TD4 Freelander, it's the only LR I have had that would adjust the clock automatically, although I did have to buy the £1100 LR branded Philips/Becker Carin SatNav to have the car's clock change automatically.

25-03-2012 10:16am
VirtualCamper

Defo agree with Olde's point number 10- LED for all interior lights but this should be standard, not an option.

And to reiterate another point here, which I know has been knocked for safety in another thread, but the ability to close the electric tailgate from the fob and the dashboard switch. Similar safety feature to electric windows and when the tailgate opens could be added for closure.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
25-03-2012 12:27pm
XFullFatTim

The electric tailgate already has a detector to stop it trapping things, at least with the parcel shelf in position. The first day I had mine I loaded up the boot and the tailgate just wouldn't close until I removed one item that was preventing the parcel shelf from sitting properly.
Loaded like this the tailgate would not close, no matter what I tried. Repositioning the small red case allowed it to shut as that was what was causing the shelf not to sit flat.
[Image: 0cbff8d1.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 12:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-03-2012 12:44pm
LDT

(25-03-2012 05:41am)olde Wrote:  Yep, Martin was inferring that he is about to implement some significant site upgrades, some of which will allow you guys to recognize the historical contributions of some of our most helpful members ... like PhilSkill ... by promoting his titular status to something like Pious Poohbah or Grand Guru or ... OK, I made that last bit up, but otherwise this information is reasonably accurate. Smile

Excuse my ignorance (first time forum member), but do we get to vote, or does Martin make such decisions.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
25-03-2012 01:39pm
Thread Closed