Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3 Average
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)
jitenc

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)

(08-03-2012 10:14am)leveller Wrote:  Can we also add that they need a drastic review on the MPG figures they are providing?

I think if they had been much much much more realistic and maybe honest (?), then we wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on when weighing up buying the cars and being given much much much more accurate MPG data.

As it is, it is EXTREMELY easy to HATE watching the fuel gauge dropping like a stone with normal driving, while thinking about the almost impossible to attain MPG figures.

AND

I've also noticed it is all too easy to whip away from junctions. Maybe they should include an E selector next to P, R, N, D, S for ECO driving - ie. VERY LOW revs and therefore no quick accelerations.

x2. Well, we can't take them to court....'cause, you will easily attain those MPG figures if you let the car on rollers without anyone sitting in it and in the garage such that there is no wind resistance...

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
08-03-2012 01:54pm
Find all posts by this user
PhilSkill

I agree with an ECO mode setting, would be useful, selecting economy maps for the engine. No brainer for them really then they could claim even more wild figures.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-03-2012 09:26pm
olde

(07-03-2012 03:10pm)leveller Wrote:  First of all, this is my first look at this thread and oh boy what an amazing job you have done olde! Much respect! Now a little list from me...
Leveller, you put a lot of thought into that list. Thanks for sharing it.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
11-03-2012 06:14am
leveller

Thanks olde. Dont get me wrong though, i may have ranted but i do love her. I think next generations should be great.

One more. I didn't thnk I suffered from wind noise affecting the wing mirrors. But I do. I was travelling 55 on a B road with the stereo off and there was quite a bit of noise. Maybe I hadn't noticed before because I usually have the stereo on.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 11:25am by leveller.)
11-03-2012 11:22am
mark_n

Could I suggest 3.1 is split into the two suggestions? Something like 160 suggestions so far...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-03-2012 07:27pm
JackMac

Adding another request for 3.1 (coded keys for each driver). Our 2005 LR3 had this feature, and the RRE does not? This should be made available as a software retrofit for existing owners.

Also, heated rear seats. Passengers get cold bottoms too!

2012 Range Rover Evoque 5-door Si4
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 06:03pm by JackMac.)
13-03-2012 06:03pm
VirtualCamper

(13-03-2012 06:03pm)JackMac Wrote:  Adding another request for 3.1 (coded keys for each driver). Our 2005 LR3 had this feature, and the RRE does not? This should be made available as a software retrofit for existing owners.

Also, heated rear seats. Passengers get cold bottoms too!

My 12 yr old daughter would definately agree with this one, she regularly moans that it's not fair that we in front get heated seats while she in the back does not.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
13-03-2012 11:35pm
olde

Has anyone suggested a bigger or better engine yet?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
14-03-2012 07:41am
jitenc

Don't know if this has already been suggested. The reversing camera just shows one view of the road behind. It would be nice to have cameras on the left and right of the back bumpers, just like it is on the front, to show a full 180 degrees view. This also be translate to having the screen split in 3 views.
I have to reverse out of the gates onto the pavement, then onto the road. there is no way I can head turn and look around while reversing out of the gates as the view is secluded by the high walls.
I only now look at the screen showing the rear view while reversing. I would like to know how others are doing when reversing.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
14-03-2012 07:55am
iat

There are a featured very important that i think must be implemented. In the car screen must be possible it make the mirror effect with our mobile. It means that the screen mobile it shows into the car screen and can run our aplications and show it. (mails, navigators, etc, etc). Also could be possible send commands to mobile from the car screen. I think that featured would be perfect for all and I know that now already that's is possible with components no officials.

Sorry for my english,
24-03-2012 12:32pm
Thread Closed