Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tailgate Issue Fixed Finally!
Samson

To all those that have ordered their cars recently, would advise that on delivery you check to see if your tailgate is aligned! Sounds ridiculous I know, but I believe that quite a few of the Evoques have this issue. Do not know if the weight of the automatic tailgate is causing this or whether it is simply shoddy manufacturing.

My tailgate was misaligned quite considerably (and very noticeable) - gap on passenger side was greater by about 1cm than the drivers side. Took it into Lookers Park Royal (LPR) and they rectified according to their alignment criteria, which reduced the gap but there is still a gap. I have been told they aligned the tailgate according to the lines of tailgate (see pics below). LPR also said that every tailgate seems to be slightly different! Had a check of some of the Evoques in the showroom and noticed that was indeed the case, although most of alignment issues were not noticeable (unlike mine)! They have raised an EPQR with Land Rover and are waiting for a response on how they should rectify this. Liam @ Land Rover, if you are reviewing this please could you follow up. LPR also think that the rear windscreen has been incorrectly moulded to the the tailgate causing part of the realignment problem - they will be re-fixing this in a couple of weeks although am still waiting to hear back from LPR. QC at Land Rover seems to have gone horribly wrong.

Drivers side as it should be:

Passenger side - too large of a gap:

What they go by as the correct alignment:

Correctly aligned near the rear windscreen:

And not correctly aligned:

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 03:45pm by Samson.)
18-01-2013 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Tailgate Issue Still Not Resolved

Mine was similar and has been rectified, Nick was involved (Liam's predecessor) Send him a PM directly as he may not read or act on this. It's worth getting him involved.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2013 10:55am
cutter7

Tailgate Issue Still Not Resolved

Mine was rectified as well but it had to go back twice!

The first time the dealers had a go and the second time they sent it to a local body shop who did a much better job

18-01-2013 11:04am
Evofirenze

(18-01-2013 10:03am)Samson Wrote:  To all those that have ordered their cars recently, would advise that on delivery you check to see if your tailgate is aligned! Sounds ridiculous I know, but I believe that quite a few of the Evoques have this issue. Do not know if the weight of the automatic tailgate is causing this or whether it is simply shoddy manufacturing.

My tailgate was misaligned quite considerably (and very noticeable) - gap on passenger side was greater by about 1cm than the drivers side. Took it into Lookers Park Royal (LPR) and they rectified according to their alignment criteria, which reduced the gap but there is still a gap. I have been told they aligned the tailgate according to the lines of tailgate (see pics below). LPR also said that every tailgate seems to be slightly different! Had a check of some of the Evoques in the showroom and noticed that was indeed the case, although most of alignment issues were not noticeable (unlike mine)! They have raised an EPQR with Land Rover and are waiting for a response on how they should rectify this. Liam @ Land Rover, if you are reviewing this please could you follow up. LPR also think that the rear windscreen has been incorrectly moulded to the the tailgate causing part of the realignment problem - they will be re-fixing this in a couple of weeks although am still waiting to hear back from LPR. QC at Land Rover seems to have gone horribly wrong.

Drivers side as it should be:

Passenger side - too large of a gap:

What they go by as the correct alignment:

Correctly aligned near the rear windscreen:

And not correctly aligned:

I had the same issue sometimes back. The tailgate alignment was off! Berlin LR Shop looked at it and told me the lock was broken. It was replaced and realigned. Now all good!
I think you should go back to your dealer get him to realign it or do something, you should not buy into "every tailgate seems to be slightly different" story!!

Si4 5 doors Dynamic, Firenze
Panoramic-Narvik Black, Adaptive Dynamics, Pack 2 & 4, Style 7, Electric TB...
18-01-2013 12:24pm
WB
WB

Mine was rectified but went back twice to LPR. They must have realigned enough of these to know how to do it by now?

I can't remember who it was but I think someone had to have their tailgate replaced to sort out their alignment issue.
18-01-2013 12:52pm
Samson

Tailgate Issue Still Not Resolved

Have had a number of issues since I got my car back in late November.

1. Rattle from near headphone detector
2. Rear washer - no liquid squirting - caused by a kink in the pipe
3. Misaligned tailgate
4. Clip holding drivers side front bumper (near the auto-parking sensor) had come lose, resulting in bumper popping out slightly
5. Rattle from rear passenger side, possibly the parcel shelf

All of the first four fixed - took about 4-5 visits to the dealer to resolve plus for numbers 2 and 3 separate visits from a Land Rover engineer.

The last rattle seems to have settled itself. Now done about 2k miles, engine beginning to open up, although still not achieving anywhere near other Evoque drivers in terms of mpg (average over 6 fill-ups is 27mpg - average speed in late 20s - 75% city/town driving / 20% rural / 5% dual carriage way and motorway). Hoping it improves as the weather warms up. Every time I drive from a cold start in the morning my average mpg drops by between 1-1.5 mpg over 20-40 mins of driving, before climbing up a little.

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
10-02-2013 02:03pm
sciack

RE: Tailgate Issue Fixed Finally!

(18-01-2013 10:03am)Samson Wrote:  To all those that have ordered their cars recently, would advise that on delivery you check to see if your tailgate is aligned! Sounds ridiculous I know, but I believe that quite a few of the Evoques have this issue. Do not know if the weight of the automatic tailgate is causing this or whether it is simply shoddy manufacturing.

Hi,

Can anyone put me in contact with Liam @ Land Rover. I just need to know what parts should I order to fix this problem. Thanks. Where I live there is no land rover dealer.
28-04-2013 12:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Tailgate Issue Fixed Finally!

You can send Liam a PM, you have enough posts to PM or if you read his post you can also email him

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-04-2013 01:02pm
sciack

Thanks, I have PMed him... I hope he can help me. Thanks.
28-04-2013 01:04pm