Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suitcases in boot ?
simonc6875

Suitcases in boot ?

Am wondering how many suitcases you can fit in the boot on the evoque ( and what size of suitcases )? Am away on holiday in September with wife and two young kids. Don't want to go down the line of buying a roof box that I'll only use a couple of times.
08-04-2013 06:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Suitcases in boot ?

I always use large holdalls i find I can fit more in the boot that way.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 07:11am by Barton Evoque.)
08-04-2013 07:07am
simonc6875

Was thinking more suitcases. Off to Las Vegas, so was hoping for as much luggage as possible with out forking out for roof box and (bars and feet) from Thule, approx £400.
08-04-2013 07:31am
Barton Evoque

ok mate. best to get the tape measure out then and see what will fit. you could drop the single seat and slide more in that way.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
08-04-2013 07:35am
Vc

We've just done a cruise to Norway and got 2 what I would call normal size cases and a cabin case in the boot, it was chockablock. The holdall had to on the back seat.

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
08-04-2013 07:37am
Barton Evoque

Might be cheaper to get a taxi to the airport if you have to buy a roof box.

08-04-2013 07:44am
recordman

You will probably get more in by using more smaller suitcases than fewer larger ones, say 55x45x25cm. These will usually comply with airlines' hand baggage regulations so that you can carry them on board and increase your overall baggage allowance.
08-04-2013 07:54am
speary

(08-04-2013 06:46am)simonc6875 Wrote:  Am wondering how many suitcases you can fit in the boot on the evoque ( and what size of suitcases )? Am away on holiday in September with wife and two young kids. Don't want to go down the line of buying a roof box that I'll only use a couple of times.

Presumably you have already got some suitcases, if so put them in and see how many will fit. If not do some measuring and get down to your nearest Designer Outlet and buy some that will fit
Simples!!!

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-04-2013 08:01am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One suggestion - travel to the USA as light as possible, when you get there visit the outlet malls and buy only the gear that you need for the holiday - as mentioned above if you each take a case that is carry on size with careful packing everybody should get enough gear for a week into their own case. Bear in mind if you are not going to check the bags in then the girls in the group will have to leave all their bottles of warpaint at home otherwise they will have to leave it in the bins at the airport. Each person should pack a soft holdall in their carry on bag so they can get their purchases back.

This will give you some idea........
[Image: 0cbff8d1.jpg]

Bear in mind that if you have the powered tailgate it may not close fully, as happened here - there is some sort of sensor that prevents the parcel tray from getting damaged. Also if you want to go higher than the level of the parcel shelf thing then you can still take it with you as the shelf detaches and will stow in a special stowage behind the rear seat back.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 09:42am by XFullFatTim.)
08-04-2013 09:30am
PhilSkill

See my first pic on this thread!

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Where-s-Evo-Been

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-04-2013 09:51am