Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stopping the rattles
Evoqess

RE: Stopping the rattles

Sometimes I do wonder if you actually have an Evoque as your car is so incredibly different to mine. Please see your LR dealer ASAP and trade in your _________ immediately Surprised

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 12:19am by Evoqess.)
28-12-2011 12:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

(28-12-2011 12:19am)Evoqess Wrote:  Sometimes I do wonder if you actually have an Evoque as your car is so incredibly different to mine. Please see your LR dealer ASAP and trade in your _________ immediately Surprised

They're just trolls...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
28-12-2011 12:41am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bogstomper

So mine had a couple of rattles too... One from the A pillar on the driver's side (apparently fixed by removing the trim and fixing an obviously loose, erm, fixing). The other was high up and in the back - seemed to be slightly towards the passenger side but it rattled pretty much all the time and was worse over bumps, uneven surfaces etc. It had to go into to the dealer 3 times (I wasn't very happy) but they did eventually find it and the explanation I got was that two roof plates hadn't been bonded correctly at the factory. Please don't ask me which - I don't know, only that the dealer was able to bond them with adhesive and the rattle stopped (they assured me it wasn't structural!). It took quite a bit of finding though, required the removal of various bits of trim and I have to say it wouldn't have occurred to me to ask here -- it's an otherwise good product, the dealer principal took responsibility for getting it done, I was offered a loan Evoque each time and it got sorted. That's the way it's supposed to work, right?
28-12-2011 02:32am
lngrn36

(27-12-2011 05:20pm)defender_uk Wrote:  rattles?? Would drive me nuts as well....It needs to be at the dealers to be sorted....not making such high tech home made mods...
Well the dealer kept it for a week! All while driving an older sport.
After their investigation was complete, I was informed that they do not know how to fix. They at least agree that it is a problem!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
28-12-2011 03:01am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biker

@ bogstomper

You sure it was a RR dealer? Everyone else seem to complain and yours went the extra mile.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
28-12-2011 06:10am
dandavis1

(28-12-2011 03:01am)lngrn36 Wrote:  Well the dealer kept it for a week! All while driving an older sport.
After their investigation was complete, I was informed that they do not know how to fix. They at least agree that it is a problem!

Didn't you just suggest everyone complaining about rattles are just trolling?
28-12-2011 09:31am
bogstomper

@Biker Wink

A wee bit painful getting there but yes - and they had to acknowledge it because neither the loan cars nor any of the demonstrators i'd tried made the same noise.
28-12-2011 09:54am
Dave_T

1800 miles on mine now, 2 miles per day of cornish track, and not one single squeak or rattle. It's the tightest built car I've ever seen Thumbs Up

The car seat in the back rattled for a while - same as in all our other cars - which was incredibly noticeable due to the utter absence of any other rattles or road or engine noise. Car seat cured by raising the headrest & then lowering it to clamp the top of the car seat in place. Sorted.

I'd echo the view that any squeaks rattles etc should be referred to the dealer to resolve.
28-12-2011 10:10am
dandavis1

(28-12-2011 10:10am)Dave_T Wrote:  I'd echo the view that any squeaks rattles etc should be referred to the dealer to resolve.

Unfortunately, being able to afford an Evoque requires hard work. Plus it's xmas. When I manage to get a day free, of course I'll take it to the dealers, but it's always nice to see if others do/don't have the same issue. For now, I'll leave the bits of paper in place!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 10:31am by dandavis1.)
28-12-2011 10:29am
QueJumper

Stopping the rattles

I think it's the passenger door trim thats rattling on my coupe too. Haven't traced it yet though. Best way I find is to get it traced to a location in the car and a speed/road surface near the dealer so they can repeat it and get it fixed.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
28-12-2011 11:01am