Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stone chips
musher

Stone chips

Is it just me being unlucky or is the bonnet prone more to stone chips due to what it's made of. The reason why I ask this is because whilst out over the last couple of days giving the Evoque some tlc, I noticed several stone chips on the bonnet on areas you would not think possible. Must be honest, I'm pretty annoyed that it appears not to take much for one of these to appear plus it ruins the look of the bonnet.CryingCrying

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
03-05-2013 11:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Stone chips

where on the bonnet are they?
03-05-2013 12:30pm
musher

There not in the usual places ie around the lettering area where you expect them but more in the middle and also on the sides of the bonnet. Also it hasn't gone all the way through either as you can still see the primer underneath.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
03-05-2013 12:41pm
mark_n

You're driving too close to the car in front. Drop back and you'll avoid most stone chips.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-05-2013 09:25pm
invoke

Sad indeed !!

I usually don't drive too close or behind cars/trucks without mudflaps. thats sort of habit now after destroying a few windshields in the past.

On the same note, I'm also looking for a hood-bra [leather] or hood-deflector [plastic] . Have used this on all my vehicles and unfortunately unable to find one for evoke. Trust me it does save money in the long run, just bounce the small pebbles over the car - safe for pano roof.

[Image: car-bras-auto.jpg]

[Image: 00008221f.jpg]

LMK
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 12:33am by invoke.)
08-05-2013 12:30am
speary

OMG ShockedShocked
More likely to bounce rocks etc onto your pano roof
A good way to totally ruin the look of your Evoque though. I think I would rather have stone chips
the one on the red car looks like Hannibal Lecter

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 08:07am by speary.)
08-05-2013 08:07am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Increasingly seeing them on cars here too, especially sporty Japanese cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-05-2013 08:43am
Mark^^

I have just ordered a Car Bra, when I get a chance this weekend I will take some photos.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
09-05-2013 11:42am
invoke

(09-05-2013 11:42am)Mark^^ Wrote:  I have just ordered a Car Bra, when I get a chance this weekend I will take some photos.

from where and how much?? please please please....
10-05-2013 04:08am
Mark^^

I am in Australia and its from http://www.carbra.com.au It should be in white and its a used one. Used only once to fit out on a car, as its been part of the development process. So I am getting it for $400 rather than the normal $550. It was delivered earlier in the week and I get it Sunday.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
10-05-2013 06:03am