Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sport Mode returns better MPG??
Wired

RE: Sport Mode returns better MPG??

So have we all been wrong then?
Does the S stand for slow?

If thats the case R might just mean Race! Shocked

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
17-04-2012 09:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pugracer

(17-04-2012 09:07pm)Wired Wrote:  So have we all been wrong then?
Does the S stand for slow?

If thats the case R might just mean Race! Shocked

LaughingLaughingLaughing

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
22-04-2012 03:35pm
RREVO

I too can confirm that in sport mode over the same route (mostly around town) the mpg is slightly better...weird

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
22-04-2012 04:52pm
cjfp

Olde / philskill - should this be a question on your list to LR to provide some rational answer to this, what would seem, strange scenario?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-04-2012 04:55pm
ytshome

I'm slightly better too in sport. This is the first time I've managed 30 in town driving since getting the car.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-04-2012 10:48pm
olde

(22-04-2012 04:55pm)cjfp Wrote:  Olde / philskill - should this be a question on your list to LR to provide some rational answer to this, what would seem, strange scenario?

Ahah, you must be psychic, CJ. I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
24-04-2012 03:19am
pugracer

I have tried keeping in S mode for the last 2 days in my Si4. It's additive. That's the way the car should be responding. I've just fuel up the car. I'm planning to run in S mode for this tank and see if there are any difference in mileage.

The only thing I don't like is that it didn't go to 6th gear even when I was cruising steadily at 110km/h.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
30-04-2012 04:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Pug, surely if you are cruising then you won't be looking to use S anyway so could drop back to D to allow 6th to be engaged, if you need more go then you can drop a cog by using the paddles.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-04-2012 05:13pm
3V0QU3

Sport Mode returns better MPG??

Being in the wrong gear, too high or low, will be less economical, so Drive changing too early may be having a negative impact, worse than Sport changing too late.

I tend to stay in Drive but use the paddles to kick down to get a quicker response for overtakes and also use the paddles to changed up when i reach cruising speed. Since doing this a have achieved a noticeable improvement in mpg. I have noticed that it sometimes changes into 6th very late in drive if you leave it completely automatic.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
30-04-2012 06:28pm
smayo

A bit of radical thinking, but could D be changing gear too early because thats actually the perfect point to change gear in the lab test for fuel economy when no real world effects are taken into account? Whereas in the real world with outside influences like wind and hills etc you need a bit more grunt before changing up?

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
30-04-2012 09:39pm