Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So what would you like to see on 2014MY
ED209

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY

really ? I am sure she designed some interior trim (the naff floral one) before the vb edition?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-05-2013 10:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crimdog

The way JLR play it out is that she was consulted during the design process. The VB edition is "how she would personalise the evoque ( colour, trims ect) "
22-05-2013 12:11am
jitenc

(22-05-2013 12:11am)Crimdog Wrote:  The way JLR play it out is that she was consulted during the design process. The VB edition is "how she would personalise the evoque ( colour, trims ect) "

I am surprised she hasn't used her emblem anywhere in the VB EDITION....or maybe she has secretly...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 07:10am by jitenc.)
22-05-2013 07:10am
RacingSnake

(21-05-2013 01:21pm)cjking Wrote:  Two things I really want (to the extent that I'm considering not buying a new car unless it has both) are adaptive cruise control and satnav with traffic info as good as TomTom HD.
Can't speak for the latter, but I would suspect the former is included - it's certainly on the 'new new' models they're pushing out (FFRR and new RRS).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
22-05-2013 07:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

ACC has been available on petrol engined RRS and FFRR since 2005 and on V8 diesels since 2007, and it was standard equipment -it's now optional on the V6 diesels as well. I had it on my last two cars and it was great BUT in winter it was useless as slush and snow would freeze onto the sensor head and it would disengage and then you had no cruise at all, not even conventional cruise. I owe my life to the forward alter part of it when I was driving in fog with visiblity down to about 20ft when it detected something
In front of the car........... I slowed to a crawl and found an unlighted trailer being pulled by an unlighted tractor doing about 5 mph. I would probably have run into it with out that bit of the system

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-05-2013 09:08am
speary

(22-05-2013 09:08am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ACC has been available on petrol engined RRS and FFRR since 2005 and on V8 diesels since 2007, and it was standard equipment -it's now optional on the V6 diesels as well. I had it on my last two cars and it was great BUT in winter it was useless as slush and snow would freeze onto the sensor head and it would disengage and then you had no cruise at all, not even conventional cruise. I owe my life to the forward alter part of it when I was driving in fog with visiblity down to about 20ft when it detected something
In front of the car........... I slowed to a crawl and found an unlighted trailer being pulled by an unlighted tractor doing about 5 mph. I would probably have run into it with out that bit of the system

TBH if you remember this one golden rule, you will not require some device that looks at what is in front of you
"Always be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear"
Eventually such devices will de skill drivers so much that they will have no perception of what is a potentially dangerous situation.
Sorry for the rant but driving a 1.5 t lump of metal is a skill
This is not aimed particularly at you Tim, its a general comment

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
23-05-2013 08:38am