Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Satnav apps for iPad
simonc

RE: Satnav apps for iPad

(08-03-2014 09:30am)Alflavor Wrote:  Try Waze
Another vote for Waze here - I use it everyday on my phone for the journey to and from work as it pulls in crowdsourced traffic jam data (and mobile camera / police reports) so tends to give you much quicker information than other apps. The maps are also user-updated, so will be very current.

It did go through a phase a little while ago (around the time it was bought by Google as I recall), of popping up location-based adverts when you slowed down (mostly trying to get you to test drive a Nissan at nearby dealerships as I recall), but thankfully those seem to have disappeared now - with any luck for good! I had been considering stopping using it as I found them very distracting - maybe that's why they were withdrawn.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
10-03-2014 10:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Two! One that since an update weeks ago it isn't as good as it was and the second is more important to an apprentice Scotsman............. the cost! For something I'm unlikely to use more than two or three times a year (the Defender is too uncomforatable to venture too far on trips without a lot of "comfort" stops to rest the ears and rest the right arm!) and hopefully in the next month I will have a more suitable car for long trips that has a satnav built in, it's more sense for me to get the Nav Free. I have come up against one problem with it though............ the lady cannot shout loud enough, even on maximum volume, to be heard over the engine noise............. but I was using it on my iPhone rather than iPad

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 10:47am by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2014 10:46am
Jdo330

Satnav apps for iPad

I like Waze, nav free and google maps personally. Waze is my fave.
10-03-2014 04:50pm
scalle

Waze does the job perfectly.

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
11-03-2014 08:27pm