Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seat backs
jbob

Seat backs

Is it possible to get new plastic backs to the front two seats? I'm just about to buy a second hand evoque and the previous owner had kids who have scuffed the backs.

Cheers!
06-09-2013 06:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stiggy

RE: Seat backs

(06-09-2013 06:59pm)jbob Wrote:  Is it possible to get new plastic backs to the front two seats? I'm just about to buy a second hand evoque and the previous owner had kids who have scuffed the backs.

Cheers!

I would guess the dealer could source but I wouldn't bother if I were you they scratch if you just look at them! Really soft cheap plastic.

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
07-09-2013 08:50am
Barton Evoque

Best to ask Dan at Duckworth parts.i guess they are available,i never did find how to get them off when fitting my dvd screens.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
07-09-2013 08:59am
RacingSnake

I understand completely where you're coming from, the seat backs on mine were pristine, until we took the mother-in-law out, who, rather than putting her metal studded handbag on the seat whilst she got in/out, decided to dangle it from her hand, and push herself off from the back of the chair (we've got a coupe, so access is tight).
It is true that like the outside black plastic trim, the seat backs appear to be made of cheese and do mark with relative ease.

I would too probably buy and replace to 'start afresh', but you'll weep when you get that first scratch on them... and I doubt they'll be cheap!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-09-2013 10:39am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would go with Racing Snake on this, if you have the Ebony seats then some Amourall
Might recolour the scratches for you........ I would save the replacement until just before you want to sell the car to avoid disappointment with how easily they get damaged.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-09-2013 02:49pm
doug

It's worth drying one of these "magic erasers" (found in most supermarkets). It's like a very fine sandpaper & help take the sharp edge of light scratches. It will never completely remove scratches, but is great on these small marks that just spool the look on your plastic trim.

*****please try it first on a small area out of sight first*****

Because of my kids I have these clear sheets to cover the seat back. Look awful, but do the trickSmile

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-09-2013 05:00pm