Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scraping noise
Stevemac1

RE: Scraping noise

Sounds familiar, I had all 4 bushes replaced.. gone now.

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
15-02-2014 11:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wal20

I've heard the noise as I braked, went over a bump, or while executing a not-very-tight corner but at speed. It was inconsistent sometimes not occurring. The noise varied from quiet - similar to door locks engaging to a very loud sound like bottoming out or brief ratchet-like knocking.

Set your display to show Extra Features->4x4i. Keep an occasional eye on the display and see if it changes next time you hear the noise. It solved the mystery for me.
21-02-2014 07:44pm
barbarad

I have scraping like noise, when I go from reverse to first.

My car has been in the garage on several occasions, unfortunately cannot find a fault.

It is like the mudflaps are touching the wheel, but been advised they are fine ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
17-04-2014 10:37am
PhilSkill

(17-04-2014 10:37am)barbarad Wrote:  I have scraping like noise, when I go from reverse to first.

My car has been in the garage on several occasions, unfortunately cannot find a fault.

It is like the mudflaps are touching the wheel, but been advised they are fine ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

See here, it's quite common, as yet unexplained.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Crunching...9#pid26009

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-04-2014 10:55am