Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Say What You See
mark_n

RE: Say What You See

Siri on the iPhone 4s moved voice recognition forward and will make SWYS seem as feeble as Linguatronic on my Mercedes. That said, the intelligence to interpret what you are saying is not in the device, it uploads the audio via the internet to a server to do the heavy lifting. I really don't know why LR bothered.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-11-2011 06:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsk21

Say What You See

Obviously you've tried it extensively Mark ? I can assure you if perhaps you haven't that it's a step forward from linguatronic. The last LR voice system was perhaps more on a par.

As an aside Siri is a completely different application of voice technology surely ?
24-11-2011 07:10am
griff

I'm starting to use say what you see and its seems to be a liitle dated but unlike my BMW voice control recognises names when I use the system to make phone calls. That's cool.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
24-11-2011 09:33am
dandavis1

I'm finding SWYS invaluable. "iPod play" "DAB play" "navigation home" etc all save a lot of button pressing and makes my journey a lot safer.

Siri on the other hand is bordering on useless. I've turned it off on my 4S as it rarely got it right and, in the car over Bluetooth, is unusable.
24-11-2011 11:14am
mk82

I love it!!

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
25-11-2011 08:57am
Cedric

I'm becoming a fan of SWYS. It works surprisingly well. I gave it a 10 minute training or so and it recognises the names of the contacts on my phone.

At first I thought it was a bit slow, but yesterday, by accident, I found out that you can string commands together. Not certain if it's correct in english as mine is set to dutch (because of the default country in the satnav), but after the command 'phone' I forgot to wait for the next command and said 'phone - dial contact', which it happily accepted. Going to try some more command combinations, although my main use is phone operation.
20-06-2012 06:23pm
tripletreiber

(15-06-2011 06:43pm)ant Wrote:  Range Rover Sport 2006 .... Me: - : "Navigation. Navigation, restaurant". Car: - "Cross channel ferry" ..... hope it's better than that as I never used it after!
ANT

The Wooki thinks you have to go to France to get a good lunch...^^ Laughing

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
20-06-2012 06:48pm
Straydox

Me too - it works really rather well...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-06-2012 10:52pm
LDT

+1. I was surprised just how effective it is.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
20-06-2012 10:58pm
PhilSkill

Only used it for simple commands, DAB Play and Navigation Home etc, works faultlessly everytime! Neat feature when I remember its got it Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-06-2012 11:04pm