Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sat Nav Initialising Message
Merf

Sat Nav Initialising Message

Not sure about this one, have my work address stored in and the nav set to learn the route as I take a back road it doesn't suggest every day.

At exactly the same roundabout every morning when I leave the route the screen map blacks out and it takes 30secs or so with the message 'sat nav intialising'.

It never learns the route I take and my suspicion is its a bug in the nav (exactly the same point every day so clearly replicable), when I deviate from other points on routes I've not seen this.

Odd one, anybody have any ideas or seen the same ?
14-02-2012 09:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Sat Nav Initialising Message

Don't take this the wrong way, but is the "Learn Route" option switched on?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
14-02-2012 11:17am
Merf

(14-02-2012 11:17am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Don't take this the wrong way, but is the "Learn Route" option switched on?

yup, mentioned in my first line, but even if it isn't going off route shouldn't make the nav need to re-initialise at same spot every day !
14-02-2012 02:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would suspect that you have to pass some sort of high powered VHF antenna system that is transmitting on a frequency very close to the frequency of the satellites (which have a really weak signal anyway) that is momentarily blocking the transmissions. Is there by any chance there is an MOD/Police/Ambulance/ taxi base nearby?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-02-2012 04:08pm
Merf

(14-02-2012 04:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I would suspect that you have to pass some sort of high powered VHF antenna system that is transmitting on a frequency very close to the frequency of the satellites (which have a really weak signal anyway) that is momentarily blocking the transmissions. Is there by any chance there is an MOD/Police/Ambulance/ taxi base nearby?

test for that might be to not have a route set and drive by I guess

its not far from City airport but I have no problems driving right alongside the airport itself, its just where the North Circular meets the A13 (for those of you familiar with London geography) so no special transmitters I'm aware of there
14-02-2012 04:31pm
Big Dave

This may not come as good news but I pass the area you mention nearly everyday with and without routes planned and the nav has never reset like you mention.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
14-02-2012 09:23pm