babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sat Nav Initialising Message - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Sat Nav Initialising Message (/Thread-Sat-Nav-Initialising-Message)

Sat Nav Initialising Message - Merf - 14-02-2012 09:34am

Not sure about this one, have my work address stored in and the nav set to learn the route as I take a back road it doesn't suggest every day.

At exactly the same roundabout every morning when I leave the route the screen map blacks out and it takes 30secs or so with the message 'sat nav intialising'.

It never learns the route I take and my suspicion is its a bug in the nav (exactly the same point every day so clearly replicable), when I deviate from other points on routes I've not seen this.

Odd one, anybody have any ideas or seen the same ?

RE: Sat Nav Initialising Message - BFGEvoqueMan - 14-02-2012 11:17am

Don't take this the wrong way, but is the "Learn Route" option switched on?

RE: Sat Nav Initialising Message - Merf - 14-02-2012 02:06pm

(14-02-2012 11:17am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Don't take this the wrong way, but is the "Learn Route" option switched on?

yup, mentioned in my first line, but even if it isn't going off route shouldn't make the nav need to re-initialise at same spot every day !

RE: Sat Nav Initialising Message - XFullFatTim - 14-02-2012 04:08pm

I would suspect that you have to pass some sort of high powered VHF antenna system that is transmitting on a frequency very close to the frequency of the satellites (which have a really weak signal anyway) that is momentarily blocking the transmissions. Is there by any chance there is an MOD/Police/Ambulance/ taxi base nearby?

RE: Sat Nav Initialising Message - Merf - 14-02-2012 04:31pm

(14-02-2012 04:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I would suspect that you have to pass some sort of high powered VHF antenna system that is transmitting on a frequency very close to the frequency of the satellites (which have a really weak signal anyway) that is momentarily blocking the transmissions. Is there by any chance there is an MOD/Police/Ambulance/ taxi base nearby?

test for that might be to not have a route set and drive by I guess

its not far from City airport but I have no problems driving right alongside the airport itself, its just where the North Circular meets the A13 (for those of you familiar with London geography) so no special transmitters I'm aware of there

RE: Sat Nav Initialising Message - Big Dave - 14-02-2012 09:23pm

This may not come as good news but I pass the area you mention nearly everyday with and without routes planned and the nav has never reset like you mention.