Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sand dunes on stock tires?
JavierBayArea

Sand dunes on stock tires?

Totally newb here when it comes to off road. But can i go into sand dunes with stock summer tires?. The temperature will also be 40+ F.

I was thinking of deflating them to like 15 psi and that's it.

This is the place for some context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmaUi-_d4jI

Thanks!
27-12-2014 02:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Sand dunes on stock tires?

I have done a fair bit off road in Evoque and Defender but NOT in sand- in theory with Evoque on OEM tyres as it left the factory, then you shouldn't even need to deflate the tyres, just select the sand mode of the Terrain Response selector. However I am sure that if you look in the offroading section you should find some posts by our Australian members who drive on beaches and in the outback and they will be able to tell you want is the best system to use. I haven't got access to an owner's manual where I am, but I would suggest that you have a look in the section about TR and offroad driving there as I'm sure that there will be mention of it. Before Evoque was launched there were some fantastic photos of one testing in the deserts of UAE sending up huge cock's combs of sand from the wheels - not a great thing to do to your own car as you will sand blast the alloys and the car's sides and roof!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-12-2014 07:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply