Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K
moonigan

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K

(26-12-2011 12:35pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  I agree with this assessment. I wonder if we can simply remap for a drop to 2nd gear earlier when slowly creeping the car along. Or drop faster when the throttle is opened. I think the only "lag" is the 3 to 2 shift.

+1 I've come to the conclusion that the gearbox gets confused about what gear to be in and gives you the wrong one. I'm going to mention it to the dealer but unless they are aware of the issue its going to result in a wasted journey.

P
29-12-2011 07:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

It's probably a combination of turbo lag and gear selected as in the Manual I can occasionally get a slight hesitancy to pull away after rolling into a junction which I guess is just Turbo lag. Add that to wrong gear I can see how it could be a little annoying, maybe the turbo lag effect doesn't provide enough torque to cause the box to drop immediately you put your foot down and you've got not a lot of power and too high a gear leaving you sluggish for a moment!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-12-2011 01:22pm
Aussievoque

(28-11-2011 03:45pm)moonigan Wrote:  Hi folks I've noticed an issue that is starting to concern me and was wondering if anyone else has seen it. The issue is a big lump of lag between 1.5K RPM and 2K. The problem only appears to be an issue if the car is rolling at low speed and then you depress the accelerator. An example situation may explain it a bit better.

Approaching a roundabout/right turn behind stationary traffic. Cars in front make the turn or enter the round about and you creep forward to take your place at the front of the queue. A space appears before you come to a stop and you gently depress the throttle...........nothing happens, you press harder and then jump forward when the you hit 2K RPM. At this point the space that was there is not there and you have to jump on the brakes to avoid an accident.

I thought it was me but I discussed it with my wife and she knew exactly what I was talking about. Just to be 100% clear. If the car is stationary before making the turn this isnt a problem.

Cheers
Paul

How did you get on with this Moonigan?? I've just collected mine and having the same problem. The first evoque I test drove did it and it nearly put me off them until I test drove another and it had no lag at all and was really smooth and responsive. It really is dangerous at intersections. I'm wondering if it improves with the more k's you do in the car or if it's something that should be taken up with the dealer??

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
19-01-2012 01:21pm
moonigan

(19-01-2012 01:21pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  How did you get on with this Moonigan?? I've just collected mine and having the same problem. The first evoque I test drove did it and it nearly put me off them until I test drove another and it had no lag at all and was really smooth and responsive. It really is dangerous at intersections. I'm wondering if it improves with the more k's you do in the car or if it's something that should be taken up with the dealer??

I have'nt spoke to the dealer yet but when I completed the questionaire that was sent through I gave a detailed description of the issue. I'm kind of glad that other people are having the same issue as it may help because I think the only way that its going to get resolved is by some kind of re-map.

I give the dealer a bell next week to see if they will have a look at it and let everyone know how I get on.

Cheers
Paul
20-01-2012 09:58am
The Valeter

My Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual had a very similar issue with some sort of lag but it took a YEAR for LR & others to tell me it was a characteristic which did make me very annoyed.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
20-01-2012 10:01am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aussievoque

(20-01-2012 09:58am)moonigan Wrote:  I give the dealer a bell next week to see if they will have a look at it and let everyone know how I get on.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I'm going to take it up with my dealer but I fully expect a response along the lines of I'm imagining it or "that's just how they are"!

I'm closely following Cutter's thread on a tuning box he installed, if I get no joy from LR I might seriously look at going down that path.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
20-01-2012 12:02pm
fam1x

I collected my car last Friday pure sd4 ad have also noticed that issue. The ones I tested drove didn't have this issue Sad very strange if anyone comes up with a solution do let us know.

I found in manual or sports mode you don't have the problem !!!!

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
20-01-2012 12:26pm
Mag1c_dragon

I tend to stick my car into S when I pull up at a junction or a round about to ensure it picks a lower gear and adds a bit punch! Now I know the mpg is pretty crap, I might just leave it there all the time lol

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
20-01-2012 10:56pm
DaveR

LOL @ MAG1C_DRAGON. Is that the official fix then...sounds good to me. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 11:16pm by DaveR.)
20-01-2012 11:15pm
IKM

(20-01-2012 11:15pm)DaveR Wrote:  LOL @ MAG1C_DRAGON. Is that the official fix then...sounds good to me. Very Happy
+1, just makes it more fun with the paddle shifts.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
20-01-2012 11:22pm