Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K
benzina

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K

Has anyone worked out the average (MPG or L/100kms) differences of the SD4 in Drive vs Sport mode?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 06:02am by benzina.)
21-01-2012 01:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colski

Am having exactly the same lag as you all mention. Not from stop but from slow-roll start.
27-01-2012 03:14am
tyke2

Im having the same issue, especially when coasting to a stop at a roundabout and then accelerating for a gap in traffic, the car hesitates for what seems an age and even forcing me to break as th egap has gone!. I have to change driving style to compensate.
Ha anyone had a response from a dealer yet?

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
27-01-2012 10:06am
fam1x

(21-01-2012 01:07am)benzina Wrote:  Has anyone worked out the average (MPG or L/100kms) differences of the SD4 in Drive vs Sport mode?

Mine is doing on average of 18mpg in sports mode, is that BAD what is anyone else getting?

These are the offical figures on the LR web site
Fuel Economy: SD4 Automatic Evoque
Urban mpg (L/100km) 35.8 (7.9) 18mpg Real value
Extra urban mpg (L/100km) 49.6 (5.7)
Combined mpg (L/100km) 43.5 (6.5)
CO₂ emissions (g/km) 174

I dont think mine will be able to achieve any thing near that, however its only 14 days old today to lets see what happens in a few weeks time Smile [/color]

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 10:27am by fam1x.)
27-01-2012 10:27am
WB
WB

(27-01-2012 10:27am)fam1x Wrote:  Mine is doing on average of 18mpg in sports mode, is that BAD what is anyone else getting?

These are the offical figures on the LR web site
Fuel Economy: SD4 Automatic Evoque
Urban mpg (L/100km) 35.8 (7.9) 18mpg Real value
Extra urban mpg (L/100km) 49.6 (5.7)
Combined mpg (L/100km) 43.5 (6.5)
CO₂ emissions (g/km) 174

I dont think mine will be able to achieve any thing near that, however its only 14 days old today to lets see what happens in a few weeks time Smile [/color]

FYI - LR advise not to use Sport Mode, Go over 3500 RPM or use the paddle shifts until the car has done at least 500 miles.
27-01-2012 10:44am
fam1x

That goes to show how bad my dealer was, never told me that, I knew when I got the porsche a while back they said not to do over 70 miles an hours for the first 2000miles. Didn't think as technology moved on you still had I bed the at in.

Thanks for that WB will stick to standard auto for now until I get over the 500miles.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-01-2012 11:23am
WB
WB

(27-01-2012 11:23am)fam1x Wrote:  That goes to show how bad my dealer was, never told me that, I knew when I got the porsche a while back they said not to do over 70 miles an hours for the first 2000miles. Didn't think as technology moved on you still had I bed the at in.

Thanks for that WB will stick to standard auto for now until I get over the 500miles.

My last couple of BMWs and Mercs haven't needed one but both my dealer and someone I know at LR both suggested taking it easy until the engine had bedded in.

I'm not sure what it says in the manual on this but probably worth a look.

I took it easy until almost 1000 miles as the engine felt quite tight and the fuel consumption has been improving gradually.

Also ensure you read about the diesel particle filter especially as you're a London driver. Basically if you do a lot of short journeys you should ensure you do a long run with sustained high RPMs to clear out the filter otherwise it can cause issues.
27-01-2012 11:29am
Aussievoque

So I picked my car up a couple of days ago after having a LR technician look at this issue and have to say I am now pretty happy.

I emailed Landrover Australia last week to let them know I had an issue with it and they were sensational. I had a phone call later that day and they booked it in with my local dealer to see what they could do.

They had the car for 6 hours and checked for error codes and that the software was up to date, both turned up nothing. But the thing they did that made the difference was reset the adaptive learning. The car now changes gears properly instead of searching for the right gear and changing at random. the technician told me that the car was probably left to idle for too long when it was first delivered and had its pre delivery check. he said this is the most crucial time for the adaptive learning. He reset it and took it for a really long drive without being too easy on it.

I don't know if he is right or wrong but whatever he did imo made a huge difference. You can still feel a very slight lag (which I imagine is typical turbo lag) but as I said above it seems to be in the right gear now when you go to start off or slow down at intersections.

I did read somewhere in a thread on this forum that you can reset the adaptive learning yourself by disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it?? Don't know if that one is true either but for anyone with the same issue it could be well worth mentioning it to Landrover.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
08-02-2012 11:12pm
moonigan

Quick update: I was working near my local LR dealer this morning so decided to pop in and ask them about the lag issue. There appears to be a flash update available for my car and they suggested I get the car into them ASAP to get it done. There was no mention if this flash addresses this particular problem so I'll get it booked in next week and report back.

Cheers
P
18-02-2012 02:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

For those brave enough to disconnect the battery, this will perform the adaptive learning reset. There is a minimum period off power but I don't know how long it is for Evoque. IIRC it was 20 minutes for RRS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 07:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-02-2012 07:30pm