Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retrofitting Adaptive Dynamics?
o3zone

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit adaptive dynamics. My dealer here in United States said no, but they didn't even know what adaptive dynamics was until I told them. Has anyone else investigated this? thanks
30-11-2012 06:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Retrofitting Adaptive Dynamics?

I think you can be certain that it is impossible at reasonable cost. To begin with, you will need 4 new dampers/shocks, the control unit, changes to the terrain response selector, probably motion sensors and wiring loom changes. It would be a huge amount of work and would cost far more than the option price, not least because you would be left with a pile of old parts.

Forget it!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-11-2012 07:44am
Jai

Not to mention the LED lights changing colour in the doors and dash, they might be different part numbers too Smile

Personally I'd just look for coilovers, much cheaper alternative
30-11-2012 07:57am
Sarcastrix

It may be possible to retrofit it but it's a pretty expensive and difficult modification. Either buy a one with AD or change the springs.

Another option could be to convert it to air suspension: http://www.airbagit.com/Air-Suspension-k...er-679.htm

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
30-11-2012 08:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You also need a new ECU for the steering as AD is linked to the Dynamic (so you need a new TR selector on the centre console!) setting of Terrain Response and that also remaps the electrical powered steering.
That air suspension adaption kit you post a link to Sarcastirx........ where would you put the air receiver? It would fill the boot complete by the look of it. Three reasons why Evoque and Freelander don't have air springs are - size, cost and weight - it just isn't economic to build it in

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 02:59pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-11-2012 02:56pm
Easty

Re: Retrofitting Adaptive Dynamics?

Ive never seen a car with AD in the states. Seems the dealers never order one with it. My dealer didnt really know what it was then tried to talk me out of it. Smile apart from the seat colour its the main reason Im in the que waiting for a build. So if you want to trade for a car with it, you may struggle finding one on the showroom floor.
30-11-2012 07:21pm
scrannel

My dealer was very knowledgeable about MagneRide and we found a car with the color I wanted, but in the states it has to be a Dynamic. Anything is possible, of course, but it is not economically feasible to add it.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
30-01-2013 04:43am
Jai

The Dynamic model doesn't have to come with Active Dynamics suspension, it's an upgrade option , atleast here in Aus. About $2800 for the privilege!
30-01-2013 05:05am
scrannel

(30-01-2013 05:05am)Jai Wrote:  The Dynamic model doesn't have to come with Active Dynamics suspension, it's an upgrade option , atleast here in Aus. About $2800 for the privilege!

Same in the States, but the ONLY model you can get it on here is the Dynamic. It's a $1250 option here and well worth it.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
30-01-2013 01:02pm