Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Resale
r207r207

Resale

I'm sitting on 14,000 on my late 11 evoque and I'm wondering what kind of money are they worth now the car has started to hit the used car market.
02-10-2012 11:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RonnieNavani

RE: Resale

I probably say they are still sitting on the higher side for few cars with the basic options..

Close to new, depending on what options you have? Some options should have been standard in a car like this.. I know for eg my car, I paid just over $100k, but my car doesn't have rear camera, so that might potentially not work in my favor when selling. Along with the stupid $8k rear seat entertainment and then the 17 speakers.. The list can go on.. I expect mine to be worth at least $10k less in the first 6 months with another hit of $10k in 6 to 18 months.

But it doesn't faze me, as I tend to keep my cars for a min 3 years!

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
02-10-2012 11:26pm
Neo

Resale

Yeah, there are two methods

1. If you sell within the first 6 months the price shouldn't go down too low from what you bought it. Say 5-6k as the car is still new and the waiting list is 6months.

2. Hold the car for at least 3yrs as the longer you hold it it will offset the big price reduction over the years as the car will depreciate greatest in the first 1-2yrs. Generally over a 5yr depreciation u can expect around 50% in price drop.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
03-10-2012 01:41am
r207r207

Resale

Well I was shocked at the value the dealer gave me. The car has 14,000 on it is a dynamic plus sd4 5 door in black. Has dual screen hdd nav, pano roof cold climate pack with heated steering, blind spot, park assist surround cam and front sensors. Also has dynamic chassis and keyless go. Only option not on there is the rear entertainment as the sports seats don't allow it. Now this car new was about 115k. Dealers talking high 80's. now that's crazy. Unfortunately I don't see the Evoque holding like the rrs
03-10-2012 03:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The dealers are offering very low trade in prices in the UK too and selling at near list price to those not wanting to wait. Better to try to sell privately and cut out the middle-man. RRS was the same when new - I took delivery of one 3 days after launch day, there was 9 months wait for them even 12 months into production but if you were trading one in for a new replacement dealers really took the mickey with their trade-ins. I was told "wrong colour (Giverny Green), wrong spec (SE with no extras), too many miles (9000 - too many on a 12 month old car?), we'll have to send it to auction......." every excuse, so I kept the car 3 years and sold it for a very good part-ex to a different dealer and never returned to the first one to buy another car having brought 5 previous RR's and LR's from them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-10-2012 05:14pm
RonnieNavani

The problem I see with the Evoque is that Range Rover has bastardised the model.

They now have a 2wd with RRP of $60k.. And most people who want the Evoque are after the brand and the looks of the car. The target audience are mainly females, young mums aged from 30 to 49. Mainly wanting an auto. And none of these people are ever going to take the car off road.

The Range Rover Sport still screams that its a luxurious/ prestige 4wd car. It's a brand that says a lot of someone? It's perception.

The dynamic is asking for too much, same with the prestige. Pure will be a great second hand car, cheap and with less options, so why bother with the dynamic or prestige? The second hand car market in Aus is pretty fu#k€d.

I personally think that the dynamic and prestige will depreciate more and will struggle in the second hand market, specially considering that we have paid stupid amount for some of the options.

I can only say good luck to everyone! I know I will keep my car for at least 3 years and claim full depreciation from my company.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
03-10-2012 10:47pm
chiggy

I had my first car for 4 months, did 9,500kms and sold it for exactly the same price I bought it.

However this was 4 months ago so it was pretty new still compared to.. well, now. I see quite a few more on the road these days.

But I'd say anything $5-$6k less you should be able to sell it.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
04-10-2012 06:26am
Aussievoque

I sold my Pure TD4 at about 6 months ago for 8k less than I bought it for. Private sale with 3000km on the clock and 3 months old. Trade in offer was 15k less (or 80%) than new price. Si4's seem to have taken a hit lately looking at the prices some dealers have on offer.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
08-10-2012 01:01am
Capital

A couple of months ago I traded my Si4 pure 6 months old, 8000klms, 7k off purchase price.
09-10-2012 04:13am
r207r207

Resale

On what
09-10-2012 09:51am