Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Repairs - will this ultimately cost me?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Repairs - will this ultimately cost me?

It may or may not help but you could also email or PM Pete@Land Rover with your full name, car registration, VIN number, dealer number and the issue and any cures attempted so far. (BUT do not post VIN/registration numbers in an open posting on the forum, keep that in PM or Emails). In my experience he has contacted the dealer beforehand and they then know that the customer is not happy................... I've always had great assistance from Pete and the LRCS team when I have had an issue.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 10:47am by XFullFatTim.)
29-04-2015 10:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fedup

(29-04-2015 10:11am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Had the Front bumper replaced on mine when it was new due to faults in the paintwork, and it was done by a LR approved Bodyshop, it also came from the factory, and you'd never know it's been replaced, looks perfect.

Just get it fixed, check it well before you accept it back, and get on enjoying the car.

If you really are considering rejecting the car, then the 3 times to fix on the rattle will be your most likely option as you'd agreed that before buying it, but don't delay telling the dealer you are considering it, In fact if it goes back for the rattle for the 3rd time, you should tell them that if it's not fixed this time you want to reject it.

Actually, on the test drive, the car rattled and I said that was a dealbreaker. The dealer said she knew why and that it's an easy fix and would be sorted before I collected it. So I went ahead.

When I collected the car, she told me the rattle was sorted, I paid the balance and drove off. Within minutes, the rattle appeared, so I drove straight back. I agreed they could try and fix it again.

So here we are, second attempt, still a rattle. I had a 2011 Evoque which went to the workshop about eight times in the 18 months I had it and the various rattles never went - it was the reason I got rid of it.

The dealer knew a rattle-free car was a must (which is why this time I decided to buy second-hand rather than new). I would rather ditch the car now than get into another protracted repair cycle. I've had the car less than a month and it's booked in for it's third visit to the workshop.

Not sure where you got the idea that I agreed to let them have three attempts to fix it when I bought it - I bought it on the understanding it had been fixed already. But thanks for your advice.

(29-04-2015 10:45am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It may or may not help but you could also email or PM Pete@Land Rover with your full name, car registration, VIN number, dealer number and the issue and any cures attempted so far. (BUT do not post VIN/registration numbers in an open posting on the forum, keep that in PM or Emails). In my experience he has contacted the dealer beforehand and they then know that the customer is not happy................... I've always had great assistance from Pete and the LRCS team when I have had an issue.

Thanks for this advice. Is Pete someone at Land Rover HQ?
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 12:34pm by fedup.)
29-04-2015 12:30pm
PhilSkill

Hi fedup, I read that as the fix before you bought it and you'd taken it back, and took that as 2 strikes, either way you should advise them it 3 strikes and you want you money back!

Yes Pete is the Official Land Rover Online Customer service representative, if you do decide to continue with it then he's definitely worth contacting.

See here

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Customer-Concerns

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-04-2015 12:52pm
fedup

Update:

The rattle persists and no-one at the dealer will reply to my emails.

So I started looking into the warranty:

"In the unlikely event that your vehicle has a demonstrable fault that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, within the first 30 days and the car has covered no more than 1,000 miles from the date of purchase, your car will be replaced with a car of a similar specification or a refund will be offered."

I collected my car on 14 March and, on 14 March, noted the rattle hadn't been fixed. Dealer told me to 'try it for a while'.

27 March - emailed and asked it to be booked in.

27 April - Car goes to worksop. It was an entire month from booking in to actually getting it into the workshop. Collected that afternoon, rattle still there.

So, am I screwed? Am I now stuck with this car because I allowed them to fix it and, by doing so, my 30 days expired?
05-05-2015 08:58am
Stadt Panzer

Where is the rattle?

Somewhere in the North Sea.
05-05-2015 11:40am
PhilSkill

(05-05-2015 08:58am)fedup Wrote:  Update:

The rattle persists and no-one at the dealer will reply to my emails.

So I started looking into the warranty:

"In the unlikely event that your vehicle has a demonstrable fault that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, within the first 30 days and the car has covered no more than 1,000 miles from the date of purchase, your car will be replaced with a car of a similar specification or a refund will be offered."

I collected my car on 14 March and, on 14 March, noted the rattle hadn't been fixed. Dealer told me to 'try it for a while'.

27 March - emailed and asked it to be booked in.

27 April - Car goes to worksop. It was an entire month from booking in to actually getting it into the workshop. Collected that afternoon, rattle still there.

So, am I screwed? Am I now stuck with this car because I allowed them to fix it and, by doing so, my 30 days expired?

I read that as you demonstrated the fault (is a rattle a fault?) within 30 days and 1000 miles and the dealer acknowledged it by booking it in to be repaired, so you should be covered...

In theory you could also claim the dealer did not resolve it within the 30 days and should therefore replace the vehicle/refund... Open to interpretation that one though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-05-2015 02:17pm
fedup

It's in the panel with the cabin lights and panoramic roof switch. Touch it gently and the rattle stops. It seems temperature dependent, too. The colder it is, the louder and more persistent the rattle, but as the cabin warms up, the rattle goes.
05-05-2015 07:05pm
ChuckieB

(27-04-2015 11:14pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Complete new tailgate on mine due to a hairline crack where the hinge attaches to the tailgate itself

Going back in as the boot is not yet aligned and the spoiler has again knocked some paint off where it butts onto the top of the c pillar.

Certainly couldn't fault their paint match though!

It's been back in, more pictures taken. We'll just now have to wait and see!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
06-05-2015 03:52pm
Stadt Panzer

Fedup, it'll be a loose wire that's driving you nuts. Should be a simple fix for a dealer.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
06-05-2015 06:27pm
fedup

So, third time in the workshop, three times I've been told it's sorted and the rattle is still there.

Any advice on what I should do now? Should I ask to see the report on what exactly the workshop has done? Because it whatever they've done, it hasn't worked.

Should I try and repair it myself? Is the panel in question easy to get off? I've attached a photo - the rattle comes from the circled area, but if I press very gently, the rattle stops.

(This post was last modified: 17-05-2015 09:54pm by fedup.)
17-05-2015 09:50pm