Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear camera / parking aids display
IKM

RE: Rear camera / parking aids display

(26-03-2012 10:17pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The front ones only beep even when you have surround cams, you don't get a picture on the screen unless you select the front cams. The front and rear PDC's are also different tones so you know which is which. The Prius and some lexus give a birds eye view on their systems
Thanks, learned something new here after 3 months. I've generally reversed park, so this is good to know.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-03-2012 10:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(26-03-2012 10:45pm)IKM Wrote:  I've generally reversed park, so this is good to know.

Obviously male, then! Wink

(26-03-2012 10:21pm)doug Wrote:  The view I have is a generated view of the car from above & when the front or rear sensors pick anything up, they start showing orange than red lines in front of where the sensors are.

Not seen anything like that yet. I guess (and it's only a guess) that if you have surround cameras it replaces this function.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 11:10pm by Donny Dog.)
26-03-2012 11:08pm
simonc

(26-03-2012 10:13pm)doug Wrote:  I know what you mean. It's been called the "birds eye view" in threads before. I only have the rear view camera added after market working though one of Pete's special boxes. So now it shows the camera view once reverse is selected & touch the screen to switch to the Birds eye view. Before I fitted the camera system it just showed the birds eye view.
Yes that's the view I'm thinking of - what you would get if you had front / rear sensors but no cameras. The manual definitely suggests that although the rear camera will always be the default view when reversing, it should be possible to switch back to that birds eye view by pressing the screen, but it doesn't on mine. Just wondering if it's a problem with my software or just something they changed at somepoint and never updated the manual.

I certainly hope it's possible to switch to it - otherwise having front sensors that merely beep and have no visual indication is a lot less useful than I had been expecting. Nearly all parking sensor systems I've seen before have visual references for their front and rear sensors - seems daft that by simply having a reversing camera that the front parking sensors are penalised by having visual references taken away.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
26-03-2012 11:14pm
THEMACS

(26-03-2012 11:14pm)simonc Wrote:  Yes that's the view I'm thinking of - what you would get if you had front / rear sensors but no cameras. The manual definitely suggests that although the rear camera will always be the default view when reversing, it should be possible to switch back to that birds eye view by pressing the screen, but it doesn't on mine. Just wondering if it's a problem with my software or just something they changed at somepoint and never updated the manual.

I certainly hope it's possible to switch to it - otherwise having front sensors that merely beep and have no visual indication is a lot less useful than I had been expecting. Nearly all parking sensor systems I've seen before have visual references for their front and rear sensors - seems daft that by simply having a reversing camera that the front parking sensors are penalised by having visual references taken away.

I have just posted a similar thread on the general section. I don't seem to have a shaded area that relates to the tailgate opening as indicated in the quick guide, and i to only get the camera overlay options when touching the screen whereas the manual suggests you can disable the cameraConfused

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
26-03-2012 11:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

MACS - I take it from your signature that you don't have the motorised tailgate - that could be why you don't have the
shaded area.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2012 07:08pm
Ianroe28

Hi
Has anyone had problems with rear view camera and park assist not working? Having no end of problems keep packing up then coming on again one of a few ongoing problems Evil
30-01-2014 10:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Do you have a manual or an automatic gearbox - if it's a manual it may be the switch that activates the reversing lights etc that is the problem

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-02-2014 04:39pm
Ianroe28

(02-02-2014 04:39pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Do you have a manual or an automatic gearbox - if it's a manual it may be the switch that activates the reversing lights etc that is the problem

I have an auto box 2013 going back in Tuesday to sort out along with anti roll bar bushes being replaced and AC
Keeps fogging up when on auto.
Let's see what happens keep posted
02-02-2014 05:11pm